Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RCA to 5-channel

So here's the deal...
    I bought a new head unit and installed it into my accord (Pioneer MVH-X380BT) and was planning on buying this Pioneer GM-D9605*5 channel amp. I also bought two new Alpine 6.5 and 6x9s and haven't decided on a sub yet. My head unit has one set of RCA cables and I have been trying to figure how to connect that to my amp but out but haven't had any luck. I went on a forum and all I could find was this:
    "Unfortunately your head unit doesn't have a full-pre-amp section so in this case you'll need to wire right to the amp output for front/rear signal. You can turn the RCA output on the Pioneer into a subwoofer pre-amp though, and use RCA for that connection." Could someone tell me if this could work? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: RCA to 5-channel

Quote Originally Posted by nathansadkins View Post
    So here's the deal...
    I bought a new head unit and installed it into my accord (Pioneer MVH-X380BT) and was planning on buying this Pioneer GM-D9605*5 channel amp. I also bought two new Alpine 6.5 and 6x9s and haven't decided on a sub yet. My head unit has one set of RCA cables and I have been trying to figure how to connect that to my amp but out but haven't had any luck. I went on a forum and all I could find was this:
    "Unfortunately your head unit doesn't have a full-pre-amp section so in this case you'll need to wire right to the amp output for front/rear signal. You can turn the RCA output on the Pioneer into a subwoofer pre-amp though, and use RCA for that connection." Could someone tell me if this could work? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Hi There,
    I'm really surprised there are head units on the market still that only have 1 set of preouts. Dang Pioneer, that's sad.
    So you have a couple options, neither are all that great.

Option 1, wire the speaker leads off the deck into the hi level input on the amp. Did the amp come with this connector? Then do what the other person said and use the RCA as your sub input, and your hi level as everything else.
    Option 2. You could try an RCA Y Splitter. So it takes your 1 set of RCAs and splits them into 2. but I'm not sure how much this would weaken your signal.
    Option 3. Trade that deck in for one with more RCA outputs, and make things really easy on yourself.