User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New install noise.

Hello all,

Just had a system installed yesterday. Parts are, hertz hdp5 amp, hertz component up front Dieci 163.5, a pac lp5-4 and a sub to come. Problem is I am getting a hiss through the speakers. It happens volume up (though music covers it up), down or muted. It doesnít change with engine revs. Vehicle is a 14 Silverado without Bose and we are using the factory Chevy 8Ē MyLink.

I am going to take it back to the install place to have them look at it but itís driving me crazy so I would like to pick your brains to see if A there is a quick fix and/or B so I am more knowledgeable when taking it back.

I have done some research so far and have tried a few things which I will go over. Turning down the gains on the amp helped but then it was too quite. Turning the gains down on the LOC and up on the amp helped but again it was too quite. Removing all RCA on the amp and the noise was gone no matter the gain setting. Removing all rca on the LOC and noise is gone however if I only remove one on the LOC it gets way worse.

I questioned using the LOC when the amp has line in, there are people who say using it can add noise or reduce the chance of noise. Should I get the install shop to remove the LOC and go line in.

As far as I can tell power and rca are going up different sides of the car. But it looks like the RCA are running with a huge ground. I think the power cable is blue but the RCA are running with a large silver cable.

Is there any suggestions as to what is causing this? Anything to try or ask the install shop to try.

I am not super happy with the SQ or the components up front the highs are too much and there is too much separation between the mid in the doors and the highs in the dash but that is a different can or worms.

Anyway thanks in advance for your help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New install noise.

Hard to tell for sure and I have put everything back together but doesnít look like the LOC is grounded. Could this cause the issue?

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: New install noise.

Welcome to the forum.
    Does the LOC have a dedicated grounding wire? If it does, it's worth a shot. I can't tell by the pic if it does or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New install noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Does the LOC have a dedicated grounding wire? If it does, it's worth a shot. I can't tell by the pic if it does or not.
    Yes it does have a ground I canít tell if itís hooked up. I took it back to the place who installed it and though it hasnít been fixed yet due to schedule issues he said that noise absolutely has to go.

Saying that Iím not happy with the sound as it stands. Though I will reserve final judgment for when the install is completed and the noise is fixed.