User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unusual Protection Mode

Installed an ALPINE PDX-V9 which is rated at 100 watts x 4 & 500 watts x 1 at 4 ohms and 2 ohms respectively. Paired with Morel Tempo Ultra 6.5 components up front rated at 120 watts rms. Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 6.5 coaxials in the back rated at 125 watts rms. Also have an ALPINE Type S subwoofer rated at 500 watts rms. The subwoofer is 4 ohm dual voice coil wired at 4 ohms (was wired at 2 ohms before). Music plays perfectly until I turn up the volume half way and then amp goes into protect mode. Gain is set at barely above zero on all channels. Power is good measuring 12.6 volts at the amp. Ground measures .2 resistance from amp to ground point. No wires are visibly touching each other anywhere on any speaker. Although crossover connections on components are pretty close together but not touching. Initially I turned the gain down which helped the problem. Noticed the amp was getting extremely hot and switch sub to 4 ohm which improved the problem and made the amp normal temperature while playing at a higher volume. Still with the volume half way up the amp is going into protect mode. Amp installed on back seat. Signal coming from stock head unit through an Axxess digital signal processor with plug and play T harness. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Unusual Protection Mode

This might help, my money goes on power shortage or a weak fuse.

This article has some good tips on how to make your connections to ensure your voltage readings are an accurate reflection of what the amp is receiving.

Amp in Protection - Troubleshooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk