User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question about inputs on a 4 channel amplifier

I got this 4 channel amp from a friend which I'm planning to hook up to four coaxial speakers. It isn't the best quality amp but it's what I have to work with for the moment. My head unit has 2x front rca out and 2x rear rca out.
    Question about inputs on a 4 channel amplifier-qs-jpg
    As you see in the picture, 2 of the 4 rca inputs are on the right side. Does anyone know if the controls on the left side are applicable to all four speakers? Or will I receive a 'flat' output on 2 speakers due to the right side of the rca input? I looked everywhere for a manual but couldn't find it so apologies if this a newbie question.
    Note: I know in the worst case I'll probably be able to only use 2 rca's to drive all 4 speakers but than I'll lose the ability to fade front/back which I preferably want to avoid.

Note: I know in the worst case I'll probably be able to only use 2 rca's to drive all 4 speakers but than I'll lose the ability to fade front/back which I preferably want to avoid.

Attached Images Attached Images

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Question about inputs on a 4 channel amplifier

Welcome to the forum,

I've never heard of this amp before, but I've been trying to find some info on it but everything I find is in some other language.

it is odd, how they section off each input the way they do. It almost makes it look like the ones on the right are for subs only, and the ones on the right are more for mid/highs. Can't say I've ever seen that before.
    But since there is no documentation anywhere, I think you'll just need to hook it up and see what comes out of each output.

sorry wasn't much help here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Question about inputs on a 4 channel amplifier

Yeah that's what i found pretty odd too and i'm afraid you're probably right about the sections. I'll hook it up later this month and will report back here. Thanks for your reply