Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ignite 2000 watt max

Hi all, I am in the market for a mono amplifier. I saw a youtube video about the Ignite 4000 watt max Class D amp, and it seemed to be a pretty solid performer when you disregard the stupid advertising name. So I looked it up on amazon and it's right there for $83, cool. Down at the bottom of the page, i saw an item called the Ignite 2000 watts max Class D for $63. It has zero reviews and I can't find it for sale or even any info about it anywhere else on the net.

I have a single 12" sub and it really doesn't need all the rms power of the "4000 watt" amp. Can you guys give me your opinion on whether the "2000 watt" unit would have a similar build quality to it's bigger brother?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ignite 2000 watt max

First of all the 4000 and 2000 are false dynamic power claims, just pay attention to the RMS ratings of the two amps. When picking a sub amp you should focus on what ohm your sub will be. The lower the ohm resistance on your sub the higher the rms power the amp will produce. The higher the rms drives the amp to run hotter, especially on cheap amps like this, so make sure you have good ventilation for that amp.

I would buy the larger one unless space is a concern. Iím sure you can count on the quality being identical and with a small price differential. That small price diff might also take more time to get reviews with people buying the larger one.

You can run more rms power than your speakers are rated, and most audio shops say run more rather than less since distortion ruins speakers, not running too much power. Adjusting gains too high is also often a common mistake and leads to speakers being blown.

Based on the reviews, Iíd say these are a good budget build and if they donít last, you canít really get that upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk