Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Helps setting levels

Ok so Iím really new to all this. I put 4 new speakers in my doors and a sub. The speakers can handle 65 watts rms at 4 ohm and the sub I think is 300 at 2 ohm.

I have an lc7i audio control and a nano soundstream 5 channel.

How do I set the lc7i and then the amp. I wanna use all the available power but I canít seem to get it right. I almost need the volume maxed to hear any bass. Iíve read the manuals and I think I understand how to set each level/gain but donít know how to set them to be complimentary.

Iíd appreciate any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Helps setting levels

Quote Originally Posted by andy.miller.am View Post
    Ok so I’m really new to all this. I put 4 new speakers in my doors and a sub. The speakers can handle 65 watts rms at 4 ohm and the sub I think is 300 at 2 ohm.

I have an lc7i audio control and a nano soundstream 5 channel.

How do I set the lc7i and then the amp. I wanna use all the available power but I can’t seem to get it right. I almost need the volume maxed to hear any bass. I’ve read the manuals and I think I understand how to set each level/gain but don’t know how to set them to be complimentary.

I’d appreciate any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tagging our resident SQ guy, to see if he can best answer this for you @OnYrMrk; thoughts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Re: Helps setting levels

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Tagging our resident SQ guy, to see if he can best answer this for you @OnYrMrk; thoughts?
    https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-aud...-upgrade/lc7i/

From what I gathered, you are looking at running a 5 channel amplifier to 4 speakers and a sub. First thing is first. Are the speakers coax or full range, or did you have to use the passive crossover that came with them? We need to establish what kind of speakers you have first.

Make sure that all connections are correct and that your speakers are all in-phase.

Sub is a dual 4 ohm sub, or is it a single 4 ohm sub? The Nano is 65x4 and 1 x 350. So you matched the amp very well to your speakers. You shouldn't have any issues here. Now if you are using a 4ohm subwoofer, then you are only using half the power that the amplifier puts out, roughly 150-175 watts. That will starve your sub, it will run fine, but like you said, it would be lacking in bass.

Let me know what you are running and then lets go from there.

USACi Certified SQ Judge
    MECA Certified SQ Judge
    2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
    Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/