User Tag List

Thinkforyourselfer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Looking for some design ideas

I'm rebuilding my Titan and I'm looking for some design ideas. I'm willing to give up my entire back seat. I've attached some images with various dimensions on them, but really, just some random images or sketches of ideas that would look nice in the back seat of a truck woudl be great. Soemthing that doesn't look awkward from the front seats, or from the rear doors with those open. So, what sort of ideas does anybody have, let's hear them?

As far as equipment going in, Phoenix Gold Elite 12" subs. Three of them. To push these amps, a Phoenix Gold Elite.1 amplifier. The subs need about 1.25 cubic feet each sealed and 2 to 3 cubic feet each ported, not including the displacement of the port. An Elite.1 amplifier is about 2 feet long by 1 foot wide.

The amp for the front speakers is an Elite.4, which measures the same. So the amps are big.

I'm also considering a Ti21000.4 amplifier to power the center channel and rear speakers. This amplifier measures about 12" by 7". I'm thinking about keeping the MS-8 in the front on the floor maybe. I'm wanting to use Stinger 9000 series RCAs, but they're nearly 200 each, so the shorter the better. I don't know. IT will fit in wherever I guess and I"ll just have to deal with it.

I've also got two extra batteries and am considering two more that would probably go on the floor in the back under the sub box and everything else.

Any questions at all, please ask. Pic1.jpgPic2.pngPIc3.pngPic4.png

Robert R. Wollenberg
    Audio Alchemy, Owner
    Phone: (325) 480-2790
    E-mail: robert@abilenecaralarms.com
    Web: www.audiochemy.com
    www.abilenecaraudio.com
    www.abilenecaralarms.com
    FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Looking for some design ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wollenberg View Post
    I'm rebuilding my Titan and I'm looking for some design ideas. I'm willing to give up my entire back seat. I've attached some images with various dimensions on them, but really, just some random images or sketches of ideas that would look nice in the back seat of a truck woudl be great. Soemthing that doesn't look awkward from the front seats, or from the rear doors with those open. So, what sort of ideas does anybody have, let's hear them?

As far as equipment going in, Phoenix Gold Elite 12" subs. Three of them. To push these amps, a Phoenix Gold Elite.1 amplifier. The subs need about 1.25 cubic feet each sealed and 2 to 3 cubic feet each ported, not including the displacement of the port. An Elite.1 amplifier is about 2 feet long by 1 foot wide.

The amp for the front speakers is an Elite.4, which measures the same. So the amps are big.

I'm also considering a Ti21000.4 amplifier to power the center channel and rear speakers. This amplifier measures about 12" by 7". I'm thinking about keeping the MS-8 in the front on the floor maybe. I'm wanting to use Stinger 9000 series RCAs, but they're nearly 200 each, so the shorter the better. I don't know. IT will fit in wherever I guess and I"ll just have to deal with it.

I've also got two extra batteries and am considering two more that would probably go on the floor in the back under the sub box and everything else.

Any questions at all, please ask. Pic1.jpgPic2.pngPIc3.pngPic4.png
    I think it would looks cool if you could do something, that when done almost looks like an OEM type setup.
    Have it blend into the factory pieces as much as possible. How much air space do the 12's need?

Thinkforyourselfer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That's what I'd like to pull off if possible. Something along the lines of this, Car-Toys-Custom-Installs-Chevy-Silverado-Sub-Enclosure.jpg

Maybe with something of a utility tray sort of thing on top to push the whole thing forward a bit to eat up some of the space and push the amps and subs toward the front of the vehicle a little more. Swap the subs and amps around. Subs on the bottom, and amps toward the top for better visibility. Also, another space under the entire thing for the batteries.

Robert R. Wollenberg
    Audio Alchemy, Owner
    www.abilenecaraudio.com
    www.abilenecaralarms.com

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wollenberg View Post
    That's what I'd like to pull off if possible. Something along the lines of this, Car-Toys-Custom-Installs-Chevy-Silverado-Sub-Enclosure.jpg

Maybe with something of a utility tray sort of thing on top to push the whole thing forward a bit to eat up some of the space and push the amps and subs toward the front of the vehicle a little more. Swap the subs and amps around. Subs on the bottom, and amps toward the top for better visibility. Also, another space under the entire thing for the batteries.

You could get fancy, and have a motorized drawer that pulls out for the utility tray. That would look kind of cool. @Paulluap; could give you some pointers on how to do something like that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    You could get fancy, and have a motorized drawer that pulls out for the utility tray. That would look kind of cool. @Paulluap; could give you some pointers on how to do something like that
    Hey Guys
    No problem. Draw a sketch of what you have in mind and how far you want it to move. Will put my thinking cap on .

Thinkforyourselfer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ok, maybe an amp rack or something sliding up from the back or out the front, or both? I'll have two very large amps and two smaller ones. Well, one smaller one and the digital processor. Or maybe a hidden ulility tray from within the enclosure of some sort. I don't know, I have to see how big of a box the Phoenix Gold engineers come up with.

Robert R. Wollenberg
    Audio Alchemy, Owner
    www.abilenecaraudio.com
    www.abilenecaralarms.com

Thinkforyourselfer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

well, I got an e-mail from Phoenix Gold today. They wanted to know how much space I was willing to give up for the box. lol. So I believe they plan to design something that takes up the entire space. However, I've been promised this thing will be sick. Not sure how well I'll be able to hide an amp rack, build in a moving rack, or anything. I saved enough room under the box for batteries, but other than that, it's looking like all sub box. I might end up just mounting the amps on whatever open surfaces I have. Anyway, as soon as they get back to me, we'll see.

Robert R. Wollenberg
    Audio Alchemy, Owner
    www.abilenecaraudio.com
    www.abilenecaralarms.com