User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Black Screen Back Up Camera

Hi all, New here.

Need some help,

I recently bought a Kenwood 7017DABS and purchased a reverse camera off of ebay. I am having some issues with the image appearing on the screen.

Heres what i have done.

Installed camera and tapped into reverse light with + and -
    Run RCA cable to head unit
    Car already has reverse sensors and these are working perfectly through the new head unit.
    Due to sensors the HU knows to switch to reverse camera mode.

When flicking into reverse i hear the sensors and get a screen trying to display the camera image but for some reason its a black screen.

Reading about it mentions the trigger wire being tapped into reverse wire or 12v ignition supply.

The issue is do i need the trigger wire connected if the HU knows the car is in reverse already. Why isnt the signal displaying on the screen?

Any help and advice you guys can give i will truly appreciate it. Pulling my hair out!

regards,

StGeorge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Black Screen Back Up Camera

Does the radio have an Aux video plug? If it does plug the camera RCA cables into the Aux video. Find the Aux video source on the radio. With the car running put it in reverse. If the screen displays video at least you know the camera is working. Some diagrams suggest plugging the camera wire into the reverse source under the dash where it comes out from the fuse box. That maybe a better power source. The radio may know the cars is in reverse, but it may not be sending power to the camera, it may just be switching the radio over to rear video source.