User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who hates there Bose system?

2015 Q50 and this no highs no lows it must be Bose system has to go. I need suggestion should I gut the system or add something to it to get the desired sound.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Who hates there Bose system?

I would try a crossover first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuanHarrington View Post
    I would try a crossover first.
    I thought the Bose system was already crossed over? What cross over would you recommend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not 100% sure if the Bose has a built in crossover. I think I now what you are looking for, but Bose doesn't really designate a high, med, and low. All the speakers work in unison. Its more for like a concert sound. I looked up the Q50. It has a lot of speakers, but I couldn't tell if it has any subs. I'm sure it has at least one. You may lose some of the symphonic sound by using a crossover and it could get complicated, but the electronic crossover is probably your best bet. The passive crossover is the easiest to install, but you may not like it as much. Couldn't really recommend a brand. Above all else, make sure it's safe to make changes to the system. The last thing you want is to put all that work into it and end up with a disabled system!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuanHarrington View Post
    Not 100% sure if the Bose has a built in crossover. I think I now what you are looking for, but Bose doesn't really designate a high, med, and low. All the speakers work in unison. Its more for like a concert sound. I looked up the Q50. It has a lot of speakers, but I couldn't tell if it has any subs. I'm sure it has at least one. You may lose some of the symphonic sound by using a crossover and it could get complicated, but the electronic crossover is probably your best bet. The passive crossover is the easiest to install, but you may not like it as much. Couldn't really recommend a brand. Above all else, make sure it's safe to make changes to the system. The last thing you want is to put all that work into it and end up with a disabled system!
    Thanks Susan I will look into that.