User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Will this amp work with this sub?

Hi guys,
    Quick question, will this amp work with this sub with no problems? Will I have to turn the gain down? Or is it too overkill for the sub?
    I have a Pioneer Championship series sub. Itís a TS-W308D4: Dual-Voice CoilDesign 4 ohm x 2 so it need 2 ohm to run (I think? It has 2 ohms near the channels so..). It runs at 400 rms and itís max power is 1400 watts.
    The amp is a Kenwood KAC 9152D. RMS Power @ 4 ohms 500 watts x 1 channels RMS Power @ 2 ohms 900 watts x 1 ochannels. Max power is 1800W

Thanks!

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Will this amp work with this sub?

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodA View Post
    Hi guys,
    Quick question, will this amp work with this sub with no problems? Will I have to turn the gain down? Or is it too overkill for the sub?
    I have a Pioneer Championship series sub. It’s a TS-W308D4: Dual-Voice CoilDesign 4 ohm x 2 so it need 2 ohm to run (I think? It has 2 ohms near the channels so..). It runs at 400 rms and it’s max power is 1400 watts.
    The amp is a Kenwood KAC 9152D. RMS Power @ 4 ohms 500 watts x 1 channels RMS Power @ 2 ohms 900 watts x 1 ochannels. Max power is 1800W

Thanks!
    Hi Welcome to the forum
    So with that sub you can run the coils in parallel which would put a 2ohm load on your amp.

Since this amp can go all the way down to a 1 ohm load, you're 2 ohm load should be just fine. You won't get the full 900watts out of it, but that is going to be OK since it looks like these subs are rated at 400 watts RMS. So keep the gain all the way down and you should be good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Will this amp work with this sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Hi Welcome to the forum
    So with that sub you can run the coils in parallel which would put a 2ohm load on your amp.

Since this amp can go all the way down to a 1 ohm load, you're 2 ohm load should be just fine. You won't get the full 900watts out of it, but that is going to be OK since it looks like these subs are rated at 400 watts RMS. So keep the gain all the way down and you should be good to go.
    Thanks for the reply that really helped Will this amp work with this sub? I think I might buy this amp cause Iím getting a good deal on it... with the gain all the way down will it have good clarity in the music and decent bass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk