Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Very weird problem with Kenwood KDC MP145

Weirdest thing. In the past I have played CDs in this car radio while driving. Hadn't used that functionality for a long time. About a week ago, I made a music CD with my computer and inserted it into the CD slot. And nothing happened... the radio kept playing as if no CD had been introduced into the slot. I press the Eject button and nothing happens, the CD does not come out. What? Did I hallucinate putting in a CD?

I look for some tutorial to remove a CD that will not come out. End up learning to sue a thin piece of something with sticky tape on both sides, put it into the slot, but there appears to be nothing inside to stick to it and be pulled out.

Ok, I make another music CD, I mean what could go wrong. I insert it into the slot and it plays... great! Works for a few days and then the other day I insert it into the slot and again it disappears, eject button does not eject anything and the radio carries on as if no CD was introduced into the slot.

Remember the old days when some cassette players would "eat" cassette tapes, ruin them, or cause you to have to delicately rewind them?

Well this CD player car radio eats CDs. Can anyone help with this problem, and tell me what is going on? Thx

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Very weird problem with Kenwood KDC MP145

Quote Originally Posted by bardos View Post
    Weirdest thing. In the past I have played CDs in this car radio while driving. Hadn't used that functionality for a long time. About a week ago, I made a music CD with my computer and inserted it into the CD slot. And nothing happened... the radio kept playing as if no CD had been introduced into the slot. I press the Eject button and nothing happens, the CD does not come out. What? Did I hallucinate putting in a CD?

I look for some tutorial to remove a CD that will not come out. End up learning to sue a thin piece of something with sticky tape on both sides, put it into the slot, but there appears to be nothing inside to stick to it and be pulled out.

Ok, I make another music CD, I mean what could go wrong. I insert it into the slot and it plays... great! Works for a few days and then the other day I insert it into the slot and again it disappears, eject button does not eject anything and the radio carries on as if no CD was introduced into the slot.

Remember the old days when some cassette players would "eat" cassette tapes, ruin them, or cause you to have to delicately rewind them?

Well this CD player car radio eats CDs. Can anyone help with this problem, and tell me what is going on? Thx
    Hi Welcome to the forum,

A little confused on what you did, did you get the first stuck CD out before attempting to load the second one? Or did you load 2 CDs into it and now you have 2 stuck cd?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Very weird problem with Kenwood KDC MP145

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Hi Welcome to the forum,

A little confused on what you did, did you get the first stuck CD out before attempting to load the second one? Or did you load 2 CDs into it and now you have 2 stuck cd?
    Yes, now two CDs inside. I wonder what would happen if I added another... have tried the reset button, but no results vis--vis the cd ejection.