Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help with wiring 5 channel amp and head unit

I have a 2017 Tundra and I want to upgrade the system. I have a 5 channel amp that I am going to run. I know how to wire it up with the factory head unit, but I am thinking about upgrading that too. My question is; if I were to upgrade the head unit, where do I run the speaker wires on the harness since the speakers will be run off the amp? Do I omit them since there will be RCAs connecting to the amp? Probably a dumb question but I haven’t done an install with a 5 channel yet.

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Help with wiring 5 channel amp and head unit

Quote Originally Posted by ghill687 View Post
    I have a 2017 Tundra and I want to upgrade the system. I have a 5 channel amp that I am going to run. I know how to wire it up with the factory head unit, but I am thinking about upgrading that too. My question is; if I were to upgrade the head unit, where do I run the speaker wires on the harness since the speakers will be run off the amp? Do I omit them since there will be RCAs connecting to the amp? Probably a dumb question but I haven’t done an install with a 5 channel yet.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Do you know if your Tundra has a factory amp anywhere in the existing system? If not, what you could do is run the speaker wire from the amp to the harness and tie into it there. Basically eliminating having to run wire into each door etc.

But if you have a factory amp in the mix somewhere, it might be better to just bypass everything run new speaker wire from the amp to each speaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help with wiring 5 channel amp and head unit

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Do you know if your Tundra has a factory amp anywhere in the existing system? If not, what you could do is run the speaker wire from the amp to the harness and tie into it there. Basically eliminating having to run wire into each door etc.

But if you have a factory amp in the mix somewhere, it might be better to just bypass everything run new speaker wire from the amp to each speaker.
    +1