Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dimming headlights and amp rack

Hey guys,
    Installed a "new" system in my dodge, and got everything working and sounding great, even using a Sony Xplode amp to power these 2 Rockford 10" P1 subs...

My question is this:
    What's the best way to go about getting my headlights to stop dimming when the subs hit?
    Can I upgrade the wire size, or should I add a capacitor?
    They don't dim that bad, I've had systems that dimmed them way worse, but it's noticeable to me (wife said she can't see it, but I can)

This is what I'm working with.
    Truck has 2 batteries from the factory, it's a Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Diesel.
    I'm running 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P1 subs.
    Powered with a 1200.1 Sony Xplode Amp.

Also, what's the best way to mount amps?
    Would I be okay building a small rack so I could stack 2 amps vertically behind the seat, beside my sub box? I want to hide them behind the seats so you can't see any of my aftermarket stuff, but I want to be sure that's okay so they won't overheat.
    One would be straight verticals against the back wall, the one closer to the seat would be at an angle so the rear seats could still recline like factory without hitting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dimming headlights and amp rack

You should have a beefed up alternator already and dual batteries because your motor is high compression it needs more power to turn over. So id say throw some true ofc 0 gauge to your alternator and both batteries and you should be good. And as for the amps if just hide those under the seats no need for an amp rack plus its extra weight. I could see if you wanted a show vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk