Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Head unit restarts when touched

I have an Alpine CDA-9813. Anytime I touch the faceplate (to change stations, adjust settings, et), the head unit restarts like I just turned the car on, replaced the faceplate after its been removed or pressed the power button on the remote. Iíve checked and cleaned the connection pin with alcohol. Iíve made sure the faceplate was on correctly and completely. Iím at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Head unit restarts when touched

Quote Originally Posted by soulcain View Post
    I have an Alpine CDA-9813. Anytime I touch the faceplate (to change stations, adjust settings, et), the head unit restarts like I just turned the car on, replaced the faceplate after its been removed or pressed the power button on the remote. I’ve checked and cleaned the connection pin with alcohol. I’ve made sure the faceplate was on correctly and completely. I’m at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks.

I've had decks that do this, and it's most likely a bad solder connection or cracked circuit within the face plate.
    What I bet is happening is when you press a button, it's putting pressure on the bad joint causing it to lose it's continuity in the circuit, causing it to shut off.

That's just my guess though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Head unit restarts when touched

I thought about that but it will do it if you touch ANYWHERE on the faceplate. Iím baffled at this point.