Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help

Alright I know this is the basics but I've been trying to figure out why I have feedback coming from my head unit. It's the annoying alternator feedback that gets worse as I accelerate more. I added a few of the magnetic noise cancel clips around the alternator wire, power wire, and the power wire to my head unit but it only made it a little better. It may just be the cheap unit but Idk. The unit is a dual double din touch screen from Walmart I wanted something cheap with bluetooth until I decided what good deck I wanted to go with

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Help

So it being a dual headunit is not helping matters, but maybe we can try and make it better.
    Are your speakers going through an amp, or just the deck? '

If all your speakers that are making the noise, are going through an external amp. I would first check your ground on the amp, keep it short as possible and make sure it's connected to a clean piece of metal.
    Then I would make sure the remote turn on wire, and the RCAs are not laying right next to each other. Make sure you also are using a good quality RCA.

If the speakers that are making the noise are connected directly to the deck, options are more limited.
    You could try making your ground a little better. Try connecting it directly to a clean piece of metal. But other than that, there might not be much you can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    So it being a dual headunit is not helping matters, but maybe we can try and make it better.
    Are your speakers going through an amp, or just the deck? '

If all your speakers that are making the noise, are going through an external amp. I would first check your ground on the amp, keep it short as possible and make sure it's connected to a clean piece of metal.
    Then I would make sure the remote turn on wire, and the RCAs are not laying right next to each other. Make sure you also are using a good quality RCA.

If the speakers that are making the noise are connected directly to the deck, options are more limited.
    You could try making your ground a little better. Try connecting it directly to a clean piece of metal. But other than that, there might not be much you can do.
    Speakers are going through deck no amp other than the subs

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

hmm, if the noise is coming through the speakers not attached to the amp.
    I don't think there will be much you can do, besides trying to get a better ground. But I have a feeling since the deck itself is not the best quality it could be the cause of the noise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I connected the ground to the ground wire on the deck ima try to upgrade to a better deck when I get home