User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Master of My Domain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have a quasar 19" tv from 1994! It doesnt have the rca jacks, but I got the little convertor box, it doesnt even make a loud HUMMMMM noise... as long as I turn it on it's side and but a book on top of it???

I think I need an over haul.... lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I see Polk actually makes a subwoofer enclosure with sub specifically for in-floor/in-ceiling mounting. Crutchfield sells it.

GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
    moderator-administrator

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I know how you guys like pictures, so here's a Visio diagram I did to plan out the HT room for the new house when I pick one out and move this Summer.
    In-wall surround and rear plates, painted a neutral color to match the walls, center channel in a recesed shelf under the TV, also covered with a cloth tomatch the plate speakers, wall plates and outlets for the KEFs and Martin Logan mains in front, sub goes in a hidden spot in the front wall, again covered with grille cloth frame dyed to match the walls.
    I'm looking at doing recessed lighting encompassing the room on an RF controlled dimmer by the touch screen remote.
    The component rack I'm considering doing what looks like built-in shelving next to the wall-mounted plasma screen, but have the rack so it swings out to access the cabling in back for the components, power, speakers which will all be wired in-wall, etc.
    Should keep everything looking tidy and hidden for cabling, aside from the power/signal lines to the floor-standing main speakers unless I put those outlet plates in the floor (carpeted)
    Also using sound damping matts on the walls in in the corners to suppress resonance and reflections. For a 7.1 system on a moderate budget, it should work out well.
    Any thoughts?

moderator-administrator

Master of My Domain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I know how you guys like pictures, so here's a Visio diagram I did to plan out the HT room for the new house when I pick one out and move this Summer.
    In-wall surround and rear plates, painted a neutral color to match the walls, center channel in a recesed shelf under the TV, also covered with a cloth tomatch the plate speakers, wall plates and outlets for the KEFs and Martin Logan mains in front, sub goes in a hidden spot in the front wall, again covered with grille cloth frame dyed to match the walls.
    I'm looking at doing recessed lighting encompassing the room on an RF controlled dimmer by the touch screen remote.
    The component rack I'm considering doing what looks like built-in shelving next to the wall-mounted plasma screen, but have the rack so it swings out to access the cabling in back for the components, power, speakers which will all be wired in-wall, etc.
    Should keep everything looking tidy and hidden for cabling, aside from the power/signal lines to the floor-standing main speakers unless I put those outlet plates in the floor (carpeted)
    Also using sound damping matts on the walls in in the corners to suppress resonance and reflections. For a 7.1 system on a moderate budget, it should work out well.
    Any thoughts?
    Looks good, but I dont really know anything about home theaters... but it does look good!!!

Last edited by GlassWolf; 01-05-09 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As for the side speakers, unless you plan on using the surround backs as slaves/matrixed in 5.1 situations, then I would place the side speakers slightly rear of the head of the person on the couch. I wish mine was setup that way. Mine is dead even on the side and I had to angle them to the rear of the head from their current position to make them appear like they were 5.1

However, I can matrix the side and surround backs with mine in 5.1's and it works just dandy.

A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002
    www.SurdProductions.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

yeah the NR906 receiver is Onkyo's flagship model. It can matrix everything to 7.1 for me.
    It also upconverts all sources to 1080P via HDMI which is nice, too.

I can even play my sega genesis in 1080P! hahaha

moderator-administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: built a new home theater.

made a home theatre out of everything sony. 4 speakers, 2 on the side of the TV , 2 on the corners of the wall behind my couch. sub and a 42' LED TV.