User Tag List

Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    EU/Slovenia
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Alfa romeo 147 SQ install

    a couple of pics of finished front end, redone amprack and SE enclosure








  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    EU/Slovenia
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Alfa romeo 147 SQ install








  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    EU/Slovenia
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Alfa romeo 147 SQ install








  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    EU/Slovenia
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Alfa romeo 147 SQ install


    Test enclosure for dual JBL W15 GTI






  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    EU/Slovenia
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Alfa romeo 147 SQ install



    plans for new enclosure



  6. #6
    Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,851
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds
    1

    Default Re: Alfa romeo 147 SQ install

    Wow very nicely done!
    The door pods look great! You do great Fiberglass work, how do you get it so smooth like that.


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    EU/Slovenia
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Alfa romeo 147 SQ install

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Wow very nicely done!
    The door pods look great! You do great Fiberglass work, how do you get it so smooth like that.
    thank you for comment Chris, and the answer to your question is sanding - A LOT OF sanding, lol
    Some parts of the doorpods and pillars were done with templates, whwre this wasnt possible I just take extra caution to apply fiberglass even trough all the surface, and then normally filler put over everything and sanded down smooth. It helps to work with filler when it is still in green stage - it is MUCH easier and faster to sand it, not much dust,.... and of course applyed primer (twice) and wet sanded up to 1500-2000 grit


  8. #8
    Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,851
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds
    1

    Default Re: Alfa romeo 147 SQ install

    Quote Originally Posted by LBaudio View Post
    thank you for comment Chris, and the answer to your question is sanding - A LOT OF sanding, lol
    Some parts of the doorpods and pillars were done with templates, whwre this wasnt possible I just take extra caution to apply fiberglass even trough all the surface, and then normally filler put over everything and sanded down smooth. It helps to work with filler when it is still in green stage - it is MUCH easier and faster to sand it, not much dust,.... and of course applyed primer (twice) and wet sanded up to 1500-2000 grit
    Well they look great!
    If you ever wanted to share your knowledge in fiber-glassing, please feel free to write up a how-to article with all your tricks that would be awesome!


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    EU/Slovenia
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Alfa romeo 147 SQ install

    I can do that, but tbh, it is nothing too special, the most important is the plan on execution and how you want to look at the end. Important is how you do your FG layup - it should be without air bubbles and to use only the amount of resin that is needed to soak matte truly good. Then there are some tricks that make everything easier - to cut excess portions with olfa knife before it cures, the use of Aluminium tape to get desired shape, use of decoupling wax, use of filler and sanding it in green stage and similar and to evaluate how much resine is needed/how much you can use before it start to gel....

    you can look for additional pics of the build on my FB account - it is public so you can see all the pics, but you will need to scroll down at least a year back.....


  10. #10
    Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,851
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds
    1

    Default Re: Alfa romeo 147 SQ install

    Quote Originally Posted by LBaudio View Post
    I can do that, but tbh, it is nothing too special, the most important is the plan on execution and how you want to look at the end. Important is how you do your FG layup - it should be without air bubbles and to use only the amount of resin that is needed to soak matte truly good. Then there are some tricks that make everything easier - to cut excess portions with olfa knife before it cures, the use of Aluminium tape to get desired shape, use of decoupling wax, use of filler and sanding it in green stage and similar and to evaluate how much resine is needed/how much you can use before it start to gel....

    If you're up to writing something up, that would be awesome and a great resource for others who are learning.
    We need more how-tos, with tricks to do the job right. I've always just kind of winged it when I've done fiberglass, and I know there are better ways to do it.

    You should have access to the article section, let me know if you can't post there.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
[Output: 87.90 Kb. compressed to 77.66 Kb. by saving 10.24 Kb. (11.65%)]