Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

amp recomendations.

Post all your general car audio questions here.
extrmndor3

amp recomendations.

Post by extrmndor3 »

zup people??? well now im deciding to buy a new amp my budget its 1000 bucks usd dollars according to jl tutorial my subs are dual 4 ohm and i need an amp to put out about 2500 rms at 1.3 ohms or 1 ohm doesnt matter. i do need a good amp super good amp dont make it too expensive cuz i might be getting some new rims. well i want to be atleast 2500rms at 1 ohm or 1.5 well i want to be able to upgrade later like get like 4 btls fully loaded or 4 atomic apx;s.

well let me know wat u think and any suggestions let me know

but my choices are these ones so far.

hifonics collosus xx
orion2500d
or soundstream 3500d
from these tree im leaning towards the colossus xx.

and i have a dude that can sell me 2 SoundStream XXX-10000D (10k rms each amp) for 1k usd.
and the last one here http://cgi.ebay.com/TRU-TECHNOLOGY-SH-1-4000W-MONO-BLOCK-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ1700 70867205QQihZ007QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem but never heard of that model before let me know if u know someting about it.
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain

Post by swimmerdude »

I am assuming you are using 2 W7's?? I see a problem with trying to run a Hifonics XX Collosus into a 1.3ohm load. You can run each channel at that, but they arent rated to do 1.3ohm when you bridge the dual monoblocks and you would void the warranty trying to do this. What i would suggest is do go with a XX Thor. It is a single block amp and is rated for 1ohm.

The Orion 2500D are real good amps. They will do what you want them to do, but you are going to have to go used to get one.
I personally wouldn't go with Soundstream if you are looking at Hifonics or Orion amps. The Hifonics amp are much better quality.
extrmndor3

Post by extrmndor3 »

nope im not using jl audio w7, im using 6 phoenix gold octanes r z rated but for right now i might jump with 4 q's or 4 btls or 4 atomics apx's

:sm29:
Scarrell
Master of My Domain

Post by Scarrell »

apparantly the SS 3500D's are crap.. check out a Colossus from Hifonics, or a Sundown 1500D, Autotek MM4000, ROCKFORD FOSGATE T20001BD, Rockford Fosgate T30001bd, older RF, Kicker 2500.1, JBL BPX2200.1, American Bass 150.1(i think it is), Planet Audio 2250(i think), um.. all off the top of my head..

also to add, the BTL will take 4000rms daily.. FI has a new sub out called the BL, the output of a BTL but the SQ of a Q, somethin like that..
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain

Post by Bwcad1 »

first of all those ss10000 do not do 10000w i gurantee it. thats a bs rating and i belive thats 2 strapped. check out any of the new hifonics series might be a bit more than 1k but its worth it.
ImageImage

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Scarrell
Master of My Domain

Post by Scarrell »

yup.. thats why alot of people are pissed they went with all the SS amps and arent even getting near what they thought, lol..
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain

Post by swimmerdude »

I have been reading about the SoundStream amps not doing their rated power. I would look at the new Hifonics amps and the Autotek MM lines amps. Any of the amps Scarrell listed will do real well.

I read a little bit about that Fi BL sub. It is supposed to fill the cap between the Q and the BTL. It isnt an all out spl sub like the BTL, but isnt a pure sq sub like the Q. It will probably be one of the better daily driver subs because they will get very loud and still sound pretty damn good doing it.
subster87

Post by subster87 »

Reading up on the BL lately i really want to hear just how much louder they can get than a Q on the same power. My Q can get pretty god damn loud, If a bl only sacrifices some slight sq for the higher output, and a little on the low extension im all for it, Plus its the exact same price as the Q 309 shipped for an 18. Might be something to play with..... O yes and as far as the rockford suggestion goes, they no longer make the T3001bd, they replaced it with the 4001bd, but the 3001 is available refurbished from rockford fosgate on ebay for a fraction of the price. If interested search highdesertaudio for a seller.
extrmndor3

Post by extrmndor3 »

well i think im gonna go with a single kicker kx2500.1 or a hifonics collosous 2

is it true that most collosusus go into protect mode easily??
Scarrell
Master of My Domain

Post by Scarrell »

id go with the Kicker.