User Tag List

Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VY Holden Rear 6x9 Speaker Options - Cerwin Vega Anyone ?

Hi Guys.

Another Kiwi from Downunder here.
    Like a few other kiwi's here, I was right into my Car Audio back in the 90's - Before DSP real-time alignment was even thought of.
    Originally I customized out a 1986 Mazda 323 DOHC 4WD Turbo - which I still own to this day.
    My 3 MTX Thudercast Subs still take out windows daily.

Anyways - Thought I would make a posting and ask what everyone's general opinion was of Cerwin Vega Car Audio Speakers.

I'm currently looking at installing a set of 6x9's in my 04 VY SS Holden Sedan in the Rear.

I was thinking a set of Cerwin Vega V469 6x9's for rear bass fill.... and will be running them off a 5 channel Alpine Amp delivering 75WRMS per Channel, which should do the job fine.

In the doors I have installed a set of Rockford 6.5" Components upfront, and Matching Rockford Coaxials in the rear passenger doors.
    So far its sounding pretty clean with good mid bass - but could do with a bit of bottom end fill.
    Rather than do a sub I thought a set of 6x9's should produce good rear fill and bass extension.

Cerwins back in the day had a pretty good name for themselves - Im not sure where they rate these days though.

Any advice would be frikking great !

Cheers

Ren

Master of My Domain
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Re: VY Holden Rear 6x9 Speaker Options - Cerwin Vega Anyone ?

Vegas used to be pretty decent back in the day. Im not sure if they are any more.

6/9s are not going to give you much undistorted low end. I think you would be better off with a small sub and amp combo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: VY Holden Rear 6x9 Speaker Options - Cerwin Vega Anyone ?

theyre still decent. id run them for the ight price. though for rears id look for just plane mids or remove the tweets

i used to run the old triple blue thunders. 12 ohms a piece that started my love for triple sub setups.