User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Specific Woofer - Sealed Or Ported Question

i was an installer in the early 90s, i went to a car stereo school and was MECP certified. i learned a lot about woofer specifications, enclosures from some guy who won the awards and all that

at the time woofers would go in to boxes based on its specifications and the way the woofer performed, the specifications would decide whether it goes in a sealed or ported box

ive been out of it for a long time sadly, but why now does every woofer work best in a sealed or ported box. are they made different, whats the difference. are the formulas i knew then obsolete?

im into blogs and SEO and making money online, and theres keywords, search terms that are pretty easy for car audio still. but before i post anything i want to understand this new anything goes in any type of box thing

if anyone is interested, i need some small description/reviews, and i mean small, for some woofers. brands i normally didn't work with, alpine, rockford, jbl, jl audio. im not interested in posting material or a brands technology, its not important to an everyday consumer. i wanna have how do they perform, whats your reaction to them, things someone buying a woofer cares about. i can pay you but its not worth much

Master of My Domain
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Re: Specific Woofer - Sealed Or Ported Question

Quote Originally Posted by tunescool View Post
    Are the formulas i knew then obsolete?
    No, they still mater just the same. A sub that is designed for a sealed box will still sound and perform better sealed. Same as a sub that is designed to be ran ported will perform better ported. The advertisements and personal knowledge has changed, but most of the rules we had based on speaker design still apply.