User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy One door speaker quieter than the rest

About two weeks ago, I decided I would buy some budget A-Series (TS-A652F) Pioneer speakers for my door. 3 Ways, all four matching for each door in my car. I have them hooked up to a JVC KW-M730BT deck, but I don't have an amp for them yet. That being said, my front passenger, and two rear door speakers sound great. Really clear, crisp highs, and no distortion on the bass side of things. However. My driver door speaker sounds unbelievably muddy in comparison to the rest of the speakers. I've checked phasing, (and to be honest listening to them in phase vs out of phase they didn't sound much different), I've redone the solders for the wiring, check to make sure the door mount was on tight, and reset every sort of EQ thing on the deck I could find to give a fair comparison, but I can't figure it out, or find anyone else on here thats had a similar problem. Any help from the car audio wizards would be appreciated as I'm amping them in the next couple weeks and don't want to make the problem worse, or buy a new set of speakers when one works fine.

Current Setup:
    Deck - JVC KW-M730BT
    Door Speakers - Pioneer TS-A652F 3-way's
    Subwoofer - JBL BassPro GT 12"

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: One door speaker quieter than the rest

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Just for ruling out the speaker, have you tried swapping them? If after the move, the same side is quiet. Then you know it's either the deck, or something in the wiring.
    If the quiet one moves to the other side, then you know it's the speaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: One door speaker quieter than the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Just for ruling out the speaker, have you tried swapping them? If after the move, the same side is quiet. Then you know it's either the deck, or something in the wiring.
    If the quiet one moves to the other side, then you know it's the speaker.
    The interesting part is that if the speakers are swapped, then the muddyness stays in the same door, however using a different set of speakers, both sides are fine