Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bose cube speakers.

I am building a system for a golf cart and I am using a kicker hideaway 8" powered sub sub along with a head unit that has 4x45 watts. I wanted to use small satellite speakers but I am a little nervous about the ones that I see that are made for motorcycles. I have several Bose acoustimass cube speakers and I was wondering if it is possible to use them in this type of setup. I do not know the oms rating for either the head unit or speakers. The system will run off of a marine battery so I really don't want to add an additional amplifier.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Bose cube speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by brianv512 View Post
    I am building a system for a golf cart and I am using a kicker hideaway 8" powered sub sub along with a head unit that has 4x45 watts. I wanted to use small satellite speakers but I am a little nervous about the ones that I see that are made for motorcycles. I have several Bose acoustimass cube speakers and I was wondering if it is possible to use them in this type of setup. I do not know the oms rating for either the head unit or speakers. The system will run off of a marine battery so I really don't want to add an additional amplifier.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Hi Welcome to the forum

I used those motorcycle speakers on my Jetski inside the trunk. The first pair I had, lasted about 3 years. Note that these speakers were never meant to be in that type of wet conditions (always wet, salt water etc), so lasting 3 years was actually surprising.

Your BOSE speakers, are they meant for any type of wet conditions? Not sure if you golf in the rain ro not.
    Or are they only made for home/inside use? I don't no anything about them.

If yes, I would find out the ohm ratings of them. and see if they are compatible with your deck.

If they are not water resistant, just get a pair of the motorcycle type ones. I found a replacement set on Amazon last summer for mine, and swapped them out. I think they were less then $30