New Member - North Central Indiana

Stop in and Introduce yourself & post a pic!
Northpoint

New Member - North Central Indiana

Post by Northpoint »

Hello,

Just want to intro myself. I have always had an interest in a good car audio system and recently decided to satisfy my craving :) . I have a lot to learn and have been spending a lot of time reading the articles here and some of the posts.

I drive a 2008 Buick Lucerne and the factory radio took a dump a bit ago and so I have replaced it. Then I decided to do a full upgrade with new speakers, AMP, SUB and wiring. So, The whole sound system is new. I had to do this in stages for money's sake and just completed my install of the SUB and AMP.

2008 Buick Lucerne
Head Unit: Kenwood DDX491HD
Front Speakers: Kicker's 40CSS654 100 watt RMS 4 Ohms.
Rear Speakers: Kicker's 40CS6934 150 watt RMS 4 Ohms.
AMP: NVX JAD900.5 5 channel class D
SUB: Audiobahn TQ10DF 10" Sealed subwoofer - 500 watt RMS 4 Ohms.

To finish my install I have to tune the AMP and Head Unit for best performance. Its been quite a few years since I mucked around with car stereos and have been wanting a decent audio system for some time. When I bought everything my emphasis is/was not on getting an earth shaking system but just to have decent sound quality with some punch.

Of course, Comments on my components are always welcome.

Northpoint
Chris from Washington

Re: New Member - North Central Indiana

Post by Chris from Washington »

Hi There,
Welcome to the forum!
Northpoint

Re: New Member - North Central Indiana

Post by Northpoint »

Thank you :)

I have been reading a lot on the forum here and adding to my knowledge. Hopefully I can get my amp/HU/Speakers tuned. I seem to be missing a lot of my bass and lower midrange via my speakers. Doesnt seem like a lot of power going to the sub either. I hope I didnt buy too small of an amp :( . Hopefully its just in the adjustments. I will get back out to the car and try again as soon as the rain quits here. :)