Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Giving the forum a makeover

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
Chris from Washington

Giving the forum a makeover

Post by Chris from Washington »

It's long overdue, but finally putting some time and money into the forum.
First thing, is a new look. Going with a more modern and a more unique look to the forum. It's more of a card based formatting, and give the site a more unique look. The new theme is also mobile friendly too, so that should help with our search engine rankings. Plus that means the limited mobile only view is gone! Full site features on the phone.

There are still some bugs to work out, if you see anything let me know in this thread and I'll submit them to the developer.

The developer of this theme, is also planning on adding some new features (new classifieds system, and newsletter). So be on the lookout for those soon.

If the forum is looking like it always has, you may have to select it from the style selector at the bottom of the page. Select the modern theme and you should see it.

So just tagging all the old regulars, inviting you back to try it out.

Chris from Washington

Re: Giving the forum a makeover

Also, if any of you are not part of our facebook group, you should join.
Car Audio Central Public Group | Facebook
William from NOLA

Post by William from NOLA »

Looks good Chris!

I'm just working and managing life. I also just realized that I had joined this forum 18 years ago... holy cow...

I just wish I had more time to devote to the forum. I've been so far away from car audio anything for the last number of years. I don't think I'd be able to give much advice to anyone. I'm still in my Tundra with my Alpine HU, pair of 5.25" Rainbows, and 15" Adire Brahma. In the last 2 years, either the crossover or mid range for my left component set seems to be not liking the humidity it has been subject to for like 15 years lol.

Side note: Relatively recently, I've dabbled into SQL and might be able to assist in that if any part of this forum uses it. I began learning some other programming languages, but didn't get far.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
Chris from Washington

William from NOLA wrote:Looks good Chris!

I'm just working and managing life. I also just realized that I had joined this forum 18 years ago... holy cow...

I just wish I had more time to devote to the forum. I've been so far away from car audio anything for the last number of years. I don't think I'd be able to give much advice to anyone. I'm still in my Tundra with my Alpine HU, pair of 5.25" Rainbows, and 15" Adire Brahma. In the last 2 years, either the crossover or mid range for my left component set seems to be not liking the humidity it has been subject to for like 15 years lol.

Side note: Relatively recently, I've dabbled into SQL and might be able to assist in that if any part of this forum uses it. I began learning some other programming languages, but didn't get far.
I know this forum has been around for a long time. I can't remember what year I first started it on an EZboard.
My goal is to have this one outlast all the rest lol

I'm not doing too much with audio these days. The only thing I've done, and not a SQ system by any means. But I used a Raspberry PI, and put a touchscreen in the Camaro. Works pretty good, and it's something I havne't seen anyone else in the Camaro community do yet.
Chris from Washington

Anyone have any improvements that they want to see on the forum?

Any improvements they can think of for the card view?
High Society
Master of My Domain

Post by High Society »

Looking good! I remember the time on EZboard. But I was at the very end in that time as it was moving to the new platform .
♠ Matt ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
Chris from Washington

High Society wrote:Looking good! I remember the time on EZboard. But I was at the very end in that time as it was moving to the new platform .
Glad to see you back!
Yep good ol EZBoard. I believe the reason we left that platform, was because they started forcing owners to pay a monthly fee. It was actually cheaper to just create your own forum. Here we are about 20 years later!