Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

New guy help

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
andonjones117

New guy help

Post by andonjones117 »

Hello everyone, I have installed a system in my truck and 2 dvc 10" subs, with a 1000w amp, I got them used and they where used together previously, question is they aren't super "thumpy" or loud, and one of them doesn't even make sound unless the volume is up nearly all the way, so I'm assuming is a not enough power thing right? Is my head unit not able to push enough power to them? (60w boss 560brgb) or any input on what I'm doing wrong here would be very helpful!
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk
Chris from Washington

Re: New guy help

Post by Chris from Washington »

andonjones117 wrote:Hello everyone, I have installed a system in my truck and 2 dvc 10" subs, with a 1000w amp, I got them used and they where used together previously, question is they aren't super "thumpy" or loud, and one of them doesn't even make sound unless the volume is up nearly all the way, so I'm assuming is a not enough power thing right? Is my head unit not able to push enough power to them? (60w boss 560brgb) or any input on what I'm doing wrong here would be very helpful!
Thanks in advance!

Hey There, welcome to the forum

How do you have the sub wired? What model of subs, and what amp?
sounds like something isn't wired correctly. If 1 sub is making sounds and the other isn't, either something wrong with the sub or amp, or something isn't wired up correctly.
andonjones117

Post by andonjones117 »

Hey there thanks!
It's a crunch prza1000.4 amp
With 2 10" mtx thunders the dvc versions.
Have them wired in parallel right now. I can make a diagram showing how I've wired them if that'd help?

Chris from Washington

Post by Chris from Washington »

So the 1000.4 appears to be a 4 channel amp, that can be bridged down to 4 ohm.

That might be an issue with your DVCs. how do you have the coils wired up? I'm guessing that the subs have dual 4 ohm coils?
Ya post a diagram.