Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Reputation Points

Our repository of FAQs and guides.
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain

Reputation Points

Post by GlassWolf »

Give me the low down on rep points? How do you get them, how do you give them, and what can you do with ones you have? Should I already know this? Somehow I missed it.

This is a typical question about "rep points" -- so I'll try to answer it here.

Scarrell
[][]

In each post -- you will see the above information on the person posting. Next to the number of posts you will see either green, gray or black balls. Green is good and the others are not so good.

If you move the mouse cursor over the balls - it will tell you just how well or how bad other members think of that person.

The purpose of this is for new people to know how much creditability to give to someone posting. For instance, if someone was to see a smart-assed post but be too new to really know the poster is a smartassed poster -- they might get an idea of that person's personality by how others rate that person's previous posts.

Members can give Rep Points to a person in their post. You click the little box in the poster's information panel below their name, to the left -- and either give them good points or negative points.

The number of points you give them depends on your status -- and it ranges from one for newbies to 10 for senior members with a lot of posts and a lot of good points. That is to say your point giving power increases with Platinum status, long term membership, active posting, and number of points you have from other users. If you are a Troll with negative points (a gray or black ball) you can not give or take away points from other's, as you are thought of as a troublemaker.

Also, to keep one member from continually giving good or bad points to a single person -- they have to give points to a number of other members before they can give the same person points again. All of this works best if all members give points to someone who made a very helpful post -- and take away points from someone stirring up trouble. Like most things -- accuracy comes from long term use.

You can see your points and who gave them to you in your Control Panel.
You can also do a quick check of your total points by clicking on the vote icon of any of your own posts. The vote/rep point icon appears as a small Justice Scale below the poster's name, next to the "report bad post" icon.

I hope this explains the Rep Points. If you are still confused, feel free to ask any admin or moderator for help.
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator