Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Help

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
guidrozb1996

Help

Post by guidrozb1996 »

Alright I know this is the basics but I've been trying to figure out why I have feedback coming from my head unit. It's the annoying alternator feedback that gets worse as I accelerate more. I added a few of the magnetic noise cancel clips around the alternator wire, power wire, and the power wire to my head unit but it only made it a little better. It may just be the cheap unit but Idk. The unit is a dual double din touch screen from Walmart I wanted something cheap with bluetooth until I decided what good deck I wanted to go with

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Chris from Washington

Re: Help

Post by Chris from Washington »

So it being a dual headunit is not helping matters, but maybe we can try and make it better.
Are your speakers going through an amp, or just the deck? '

If all your speakers that are making the noise, are going through an external amp. I would first check your ground on the amp, keep it short as possible and make sure it's connected to a clean piece of metal.
Then I would make sure the remote turn on wire, and the RCAs are not laying right next to each other. Make sure you also are using a good quality RCA.

If the speakers that are making the noise are connected directly to the deck, options are more limited.
You could try making your ground a little better. Try connecting it directly to a clean piece of metal. But other than that, there might not be much you can do.
guidrozb1996

Post by guidrozb1996 »

Chris from Washington wrote:So it being a dual headunit is not helping matters, but maybe we can try and make it better.
Are your speakers going through an amp, or just the deck? '

If all your speakers that are making the noise, are going through an external amp. I would first check your ground on the amp, keep it short as possible and make sure it's connected to a clean piece of metal.
Then I would make sure the remote turn on wire, and the RCAs are not laying right next to each other. Make sure you also are using a good quality RCA.

If the speakers that are making the noise are connected directly to the deck, options are more limited.
You could try making your ground a little better. Try connecting it directly to a clean piece of metal. But other than that, there might not be much you can do.
Speakers are going through deck no amp other than the subs

Chris from Washington

Post by Chris from Washington »

hmm, if the noise is coming through the speakers not attached to the amp.
I don't think there will be much you can do, besides trying to get a better ground. But I have a feeling since the deck itself is not the best quality it could be the cause of the noise.
guidrozb1996

Post by guidrozb1996 »

I connected the ground to the ground wire on the deck ima try to upgrade to a better deck when I get home