Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

HD Radio- Directed Car Connect DMHD1000I

Product reviews by our members
Ryan from Ohio

HD Radio- Directed Car Connect DMHD1000I

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Yesterday I was able to install the Directed HD Car Connect Radio into my car.

http://www.directed.com/Products/MobileAudio/HDRadio.aspx
You have two choices for connection, FM Modulation or RCAs. I opted for the RCAs being run into the Mighty McIntosh AUX In jacks.

There were 3 wires to run. 12VS, 12V+ and ground. Outside that it was running antenna wires, RCA cable and hooking up the screen.

Use of the unit is not hard, its easy to navigate. Just note your NOT on an HD channel until it says HD behind the stations addy, such as 92.5HD. If they have HD2 available, then the first channel you come across is labeled HD1. If no second channel is offered, just HD ;)

Sound is another thing. HD touts CD quality, I dont believe this is the case. I think it lacks in depth and highs to be true CD quality. However, as long as it remains in HD mode there is no static, flutter, pop, fading or any other type of distortion or noises. The real problem with these issues is when the HD signal becomes to weak. Then it reverts back to regular FM. I believe the unit ha s a 10 second time when this happens. HD looses, it has 10 seconds before going back to plain FM.

Next issue is with your HU tuner. If you decide to use it over the HD tuner, make sure the HD is OFF. Otherwise you can expect popping, distortion and a weak signal on any band,

All in all at this point I am very happy about this purchase.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
jjohan35

Post by jjohan35 »

You mentioned that it lacks depth. Although it doesn't have the static or popping of regular FM, does HD Radio sound lifeless compared to regular FM radio? I know HD can't match up to CD quality, but I want to know how it compares to FM other than the noise artifacts being gone. Thanks.
buzydau

Post by buzydau »

phim sex online*mới nhất,xem phim sex*năng nhất 2013,tai phim sex*béng mobile miễn là phí tổn chồng cây hd