Started by rfieldwick566 at 06-27-16, 04:39 AM

Next Thread

Amp cutoff

Started by 10k-watts at 08-28-16, 04:03 PM

What Members Wrote...

2. johnathanwayne

07-09-16 #2

Default Re: 1250 w Planet Audio

I believe its my Output Bipolar transistors Any Advice would Help I want to order Parts and Fix my self

Sent from my TG751C using Tapatalk

3. johnathanwayne

07-09-16 #3

e22d346e713d902d793576957b310988

4. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    07-10-16 #4

Hi there,
    Welcome to the forum.

The pic helps, and ya it looks like those transistors are pretty burnt. I can't quite tell, but are the legs to one missing?

Have you ever done soldering before, that part is pretty easy. Just be careful to not get your pencil to hot or you'll damage the board.

One thing to keep in mind, what caused those to burn out? It could either be someone just play it way to hot and the heat killed them. Or, something else in the circuit is bad and blew them out.
    It's been a very long time since I've repaired an amp, but I remember that there were diodes that should be checked, and also could be a bad cap that could cause your outputs to blow.

Just a warning, to make sure and check eveything. Would suck to replace the outputs, turn it on and have them pop again.

good luck, report back after you make the repair. Hopefully you get it all working

5. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    07-10-16 #5

Oh and also when you order the new parts, make sure to get the heat transfer paste. Its the white goo under the transistors, it helps pull the heat away from them.

6. johnathanwayne

07-10-16 #6

OK Thanks For responding .. I don't know what resisters I need to order and Also don't Know how to Check Other component's that may Caused it. I did think of that as well though..

7. johnathanwayne

07-10-16 #7

There's No Legs Missing

8. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    07-10-16 #8

Quote Originally Posted by johnathanwayne View Post
    OK Thanks For responding .. I don't know what resisters I need to order and Also don't Know how to Check Other component's that may Caused it. I did think of that as well though..

It helps if you can find a schematic online, but I doubt you will

Do you have a multi-meter?

Here is a quick way to determine the value of a resistor by the color codes, you can then use your meter to see if that's what you're getting.

Diodes, if I remember right. Will only conduct in one direction. So you can use your meter to check for continuity. If your meter says it can conduct both ways. Take it off the board and check again. If it still does, sounds like its' shorted. If it doesn't show anything in either direction, could be open. Just make sure you reinstall it in the right direction.

The actual transistor I believe yuo can check with a meter too, but you'll need to look online. It's been a really long time since I've done any electronic repair.

Caps can be checked, but you need a special piece of equipment. I would visually check those, make sure nothing looks burnt.

Also check the board, make sure no traces are burnt up.