Help me

Started by romann98 at 04-07-20, 05:50 AM

What Members Wrote...

2. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    04-08-20 #2

Default Re: help with fuse issue

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum, are you asking about what fuse near the battery you should use?
    Is this the only amp in your system?

If it's the only amp in your system, try and find a mainline fuse around the same size as the built in fuse in the amp.

Remember the mainline fuse is to protect the wire in case of short, not to protect the amp (that's what the built in fuse is for).

3. FG1200P403

04-08-20 #3

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forum, are you asking about what fuse near the battery you should use?
    Is this the only amp in your system?

If it's the only amp in your system, try and find a mainline fuse around the same size as the built in fuse in the amp.

Remember the mainline fuse is to protect the wire in case of short, not to protect the amp (that's what the built in fuse is for).
    Thanks for reply ,the fuse I'm looking for is on the amp itself {the built in fuse on the amp} there are 2 of them , its on the physical amp ,Thanks Alex
    Last edited by FG1200P403; 04-10-20 at 09:01 AM.

4. FG1200P403

04-10-20 #4

this amp was found in garbage ,I opened it and found the ground wire fried so I replaced it ,I used a 5 amp and a 15 amp fuse that was the built in fuse for the amp.so if the ground wire was fried other things may have been damaged .I looked over amp but nothing else looks burnt or damaged ,is it worth to pursue on this amp .Thanks Alex
    Last edited by FG1200P403; 04-10-20 at 09:13 AM.

5. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    04-11-20 #5

Quote Originally Posted by FG1200P403 View Post
    this amp was found in garbage ,I opened it and found the ground wire fried so I replaced it ,I used a 5 amp and a 15 amp fuse that was the built in fuse for the amp.so if the ground wire was fried other things may have been damaged .I looked over amp but nothing else looks burnt or damaged ,is it worth to pursue on this amp .Thanks Alex
    sorry, I haven't been able to find any specs on this amp.
    But it being a PYLE I wouldn't spend much time on it. They are really low budget equipment.

If the ground wire inside was fried, that means something drew a ton of current.
    So most likely what happened was there may have been an issue with it, and someone tried a larger fuse and then it drew so much current it fried the board.

6. FG1200P403

04-17-20 #6

Thanks Chris , kind of my thoughts about it also , inside doesn't look to be good quality to my limited observation. have good day ,take care, Alex
    really a pyle of garbage LOL

I also have another another non working amp ,its a rockford fosgate punch 200.2 trans ana ,do you any experience with these
    Last edited by FG1200P403; 04-17-20 at 02:39 PM.

7. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    04-17-20 #7

Quote Originally Posted by FG1200P403 View Post
    Thanks Chris , kind of my thoughts about it also , inside doesn't look to be good quality to my limited observation. have good day ,take care, Alex
    really a pyle of garbage LOL

I also have another another non working amp ,its a rockford fosgate punch 200.2 trans ana ,do you any experience with these
    The Fosgate would be worth fixing, is it one of the oval black ones? Those are classics.