wanting to get some things repaired..

Started by Scarrell at 04-01-13, 05:52 PM

What Members Wrote...

2. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    03-31-13 #2

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum!

Would it be possible to get the model of your amp?
    Something doesn't seem right there, four channel amps usually have 2 sets of RCA in's. 2 for the front, and 2 for the back.

Thanks!
    Chris

3. Digiray

03-31-13 #3

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

My Amp model is: Auna AMP-CH04

Just in case, my sub model is: Peiying BA250X

Thanks for the help

4. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    03-31-13 #4

OK,
    I found a picture of the amp
    10003661 anschluesse 2 auto endstufe auna

sorry to say that this is not going to be be a quality amp or sub, so your options are going to be slim.

If it were me, I would hook the sub out RCA's to channels 3/4 and bridge your sub across those channels (if that amp is able to be bridged, I can't find any info on it)

Then hook your front RCA's up to Channel 1/2 and run 2 6x9's off of that.

I wouldn't use the other 6x9's in this setup, because I have a feeling the amp is going to overheat.

5. Digiray

04-01-13 #5

Default Re: Can someone guide me?

So I need to use a 3'5mm jack to RCA cable from my sub-out on my head unit to the RCA channel 3/4 on my amp and from there, an RCA to the sub, right??

Thanks once again for your help

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

6. JeremyC

Platinum Plus
    04-01-13 #6

I tried to post the same last night, but i was swamped at work.

Chris is dead on. Thats going to be your best bet, unless you want to add another amp for just the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    OK,
    I found a picture of the amp
    10003661 anschluesse 2 auto endstufe auna

sorry to say that this is not going to be be a quality amp or sub, so your options are going to be slim.

If it were me, I would hook the sub out RCA's to channels 3/4 and bridge your sub across those channels (if that amp is able to be bridged, I can't find any info on it)

Then hook your front RCA's up to Channel 1/2 and run 2 6x9's off of that.

I wouldn't use the other 6x9's in this setup, because I have a feeling the amp is going to overheat.

7. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    04-01-13 #7

Quote Originally Posted by Digiray View Post
    So I need to use a 3'5mm jack to RCA cable from my sub-out on my head unit to the RCA channel 3/4 on my amp and from there, an RCA to the sub, right??

Thanks once again for your help

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
    No, the sub out on your deck should be an RCA type right?
    No need for a 3.5 jack to RCA cable.

Just plug that Sub Our RCA into the Sub Out on the amp. Then you take speaker wire and hook that to your sub from the 3/4 output on the amp.
    Do you have the installation instructions that came with the amp. Verify if you can bridge the 3/4 channels together. I couldn't find anything on that amp to know for sure.

8. JeremyC

Platinum Plus
    04-01-13 #8

I just looked up the sub. It has a built in amp.

So run a set of RCAs directly from the sub out on the deck to the input on the sub enclosure.

That will free your amp up to run both sets of 6/9s.

So you need 6 rcas total. A set of 4 going from the front and rear output on the deck to the amp, and a set of two going from the deck to the sub.

9. Digiray

04-01-13 #9

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyC View Post
    I just looked up the sub. It has a built in amp.

So run a set of RCAs directly from the sub out on the deck to the input on the sub enclosure.

That will free your amp up to run both sets of 6/9s.

So you need 6 rcas total. A set of 4 going from the front and rear output on the deck to the amp, and a set of two going from the deck to the sub.
    Right, so I just run a RCA cable that has 1 plug at one end and 2 at the other (the SUB OUT on the head unit is just 1 connector) and plug it straight in to the sub box and just adjust everything from there.

On another note, reading your replies, I had thought of maybe using this amp JUST for subwoofers and getting my hands on another sub and then a seperate amp for the speakers. That way it would be a dual sub system. What would I need to do for that?? From the SUB OUT of the deck, in to a single channel on the amp (say 1/2) and then RCA from the amp to a splitter and then to each SUB?? Or would I HAVE to use bridging mode and bridge the 2 SUBS together?? I'm asking because I've seen SUB boxes that include 2 subs and each sub has it's own RCA connector, no High Lever connectors, just the RCA, that's why I mention would I need to split the signal in to 2.

Thanks for all your help guys. I know how to connect the power and do all the adjustments, it's just the wiring from Head unit - Amp - SUB I can't get my head around too well

Thanks again

10. JeremyC

Platinum Plus
    04-01-13 #10

Don't use that amp for a sub. Its not really designed for that. Keep it for your mids and highs, and buy a good mono amp if you want something better for the sub.

Page 1 of 2 12