Car Audio Central - Anything and Everything car audio - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Thank You Thank You:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

1338 Views Results 1 to 4 of 4

1. Previous Thread

Becker MEXICO 7948 RETRO-STYLED & Apple iphone 11 PRO MAX 256GB UNLOCKED F/S

Started by ted990 at 10-19-19, 02:12 AM

Next Thread

Alpine CDE-122 MP3 "Unsupported" Issue

Started by daBee at 12-20-19, 07:14 PM

What Members Wrote...

2. alfatruscc

12-05-19 #2

Default Re: Why Aftermarket Android 9.0 Car Stereo is best currently instead of the Android 1

I donít think I would choose Android 10 for my Android stereo. Android upgrades are a big, hot mess, always. Except Google itself, not many Android manufacturer received a satisfactory grade for its performance with the most recent major Android upgrade. It can take a while for Android 10 to become available on other devices other than Googleís phones. In other words, you donít need to panic or hurry, you have time until the car stereos market starts using Android 10 stably.

3. Chris0615

12-05-19 #3

Default Re: Why Aftermarket Android 9.0 Car Stereo is best currently instead of the Android 1

Well, as we like to call them android units, the Android system is the most important part that take the driving vibe to a next level through the best songs out there. Throughout the research, I have spent many hours trying to understand and make the best choice. i would choose Android 8.0, 8.1 or 9.0, as they have been on the market for a while now and has amazed and convinced enough people, and the manufacturer focused its attention on optimizing them properly. As we can see, many chinese brands car stereos are Android based, reliable brands like Eonon, XTRONS, Erisin,Pumpkin, etc. if you have a deep comparison, you will see the most important selling point of these products is not the Android version, but the liability of the brand. Well, people would say they are all made in China and all the same, but some of them come with something extra and exclusive on top. For example, i have a XTRONS Android 8, it is the most powerful hardware with extensive features. With the enhanced power and performance, the product stands out among the other competitive products, it is very stable and can handle all the apps i have been using without lagging. It is is a flagship unit. Of course, Android updates are a still a point of contention, but just because the Android stereo isnít getting full OS updates doesnít mean itís totally out of date. I would say, Android updates are becoming less and less significant. If you have a device with Marshmallow (Android 6.0) or above, you still have a very modern Android experience with most of the latest features. You can still use all the latest apps just like i do on my XTRONS Android 8.0 unit.

4. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    12-09-19 #4

part of the issue with many of these Android head units, is the hardware.
    Many use inferior spec hardware compared to head units from known sources (Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine etc.)

Next will be support, one you buy one of these units. It's pretty much a time capsule. They never get updates, and eventually things will just stop working as support for that OS is deprecated.

What I would like to see is a true Android unit, created by bigger companies and then for those companies to support them for at least 2-3 years with security and OS updates.