Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kenwood DDX8706S Questions

Post #1 - It's nice to find a forum where an amateur and come and be just that.

I had the Kenwood DDX8706S Head Unit installed recently because I wanted to upgrade the factory unit in my 2014 Kia Optima EX (with Bose Infinity Speakers) and I wanted wireless Apple Carplay.

Had it installed at Best Buy and all of the speakers are linked into basically a single control...there is no fader control...when I put the fader all the way on the back speakers, the sound is completely gone. Mr. Geek Squad assures me that this is "just the way it is".

What can I do to take advantage of the typical sound control features that you find in a newly installed unit? Do I need to replace the amp? Buy a cross over?

I don't know what I'm doing so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks all.

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Kenwood DDX8706S Questions

Quote Originally Posted by lbradcpa View Post
    Post #1 - It's nice to find a forum where an amateur and come and be just that.

I had the Kenwood DDX8706S Head Unit installed recently because I wanted to upgrade the factory unit in my 2014 Kia Optima EX (with Bose Infinity Speakers) and I wanted wireless Apple Carplay.

Had it installed at Best Buy and all of the speakers are linked into basically a single control...there is no fader control...when I put the fader all the way on the back speakers, the sound is completely gone. Mr. Geek Squad assures me that this is "just the way it is".

What can I do to take advantage of the typical sound control features that you find in a newly installed unit? Do I need to replace the amp? Buy a cross over?

I don't know what I'm doing so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks all.
    Hi welcome to the forum,

hmm, that doesn't seem right.
    But it could have something to do with the Bose system.

When you have your fader set to the front, do you get sound out of all your speakers (front and back)? Or have the rear speakers been completely taken out of the system?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply.

Fader to the front, all speakers are on. Fader to the rear, all speakers are off.

I debated about keeping this car and I've made the commitment to keep it another 4-5 years, put another 100,000 miles on it and while the interior and exterior are still in great shape, the head unit/audio was in dire need of an upgrade. I'm looking forward to working through projects to make the car more enjoyable (I have a 45 minute commute twice a day).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Thanks for the reply.

Fader to the front, all speakers are on. Fader to the rear, all speakers are off.

I debated about keeping this car and I've made the commitment to keep it another 4-5 years, put another 100,000 miles on it and while the interior and exterior are still in great shape, the head unit/audio was in dire need of an upgrade. I'm looking forward to working through projects to make the car more enjoyable (I have a 45 minute commute twice a day).
    I'm wondering if they didn't use the correct wiring harness or something.
    Looking up harnesses for your car

Did it have a factory nav?
    Does it have the Infinity logo on the speaker covers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking through the short installation instructions in the owners manual today and also, wondered.

It does NOT have factory navigation and yes, the Infinity logo is on the speaker covers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

I think I just found something

Axxess AX-HYKIA1-SWC Wiring Interface Connect a car stereo and retain steering wheel controls in select 2011-16 Hyundai and Kia vehicles at Crutchfield

"With the AX-HYKIA-SPDIF adapter (not included), you can also retain the use of your factory amplifier, but you'll lose your fader control."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the Wiring Harness and control box that I ordered. I email Kenwood about this and just received their response:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Kenwood USA Corporation. We value you as a Kenwood customer and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

I understand you are inquiring about the DDX8706S. The fader options are only disabled if the audio settings are set to 3-Way speaker system. There is no way to adjust the fader if your vehicle includes a 3-Way speaker system. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hmmm?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

That is the Wiring Harness and control box that I ordered. I email Kenwood about this and just received their response:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Kenwood USA Corporation. We value you as a Kenwood customer and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

I understand you are inquiring about the DDX8706S. The fader options are only disabled if the audio settings are set to 3-Way speaker system. There is no way to adjust the fader if your vehicle includes a 3-Way speaker system. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hmmm?
    that's lame
    Sorry there wasn't better news. And they should really warn customers better about that. that's really annoying.