Started by MobileAudio219 at 11-21-04, 05:28 AM

Next Thread

anyone ever bought from cardomain.com?

Started by lotas at 11-21-04, 02:07 PM

What Members Wrote...

2. Ryan from Ohio

Master of My Domain
    11-21-04 #2

It all depends on the car, alarm and your experience.

For example I have a starter on my alarm, my car has the "Chip" in the key. WHile I may be able to do this throughout the weekend I wont risk messing it up, so Im gonna have it installed.

It is expensive to install alarms with starters, but its better than hacking up your wiring and screwing stuff up. WHich can cost more in the long run...

-Ryan
    [SIZE=3]www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net![/SIZE]

3. Mercedesbends69

11-21-04 #3

Depending on the place, if you buy the alarm from them they usually won't rape you too bad with installation. I actually think they installed mine for just about free, it was only a $200 alarm though, and the total came out to be around $215 so it wasn't too bad. When I bought my new car though they wanted $180 to move it from the old to the new.

4. audiobass10

Master of My Domain
    11-21-04 #4

I want to get one of vipers alarms w/ the lcd remote because i'm pretty sure it shows anything that goes on in your car..shows exactly what door is open etc...sounds like it may be very complicated to install..would this be more helpful than just a regular remote start alarm..i really dont need the remote start but i believe they had crime stoppers at the local sound place for $199 installed w/ remote start..keyless entry was like $50 more although I already have keyless entry..id rather have it all in one.

5. audiobass10

Master of My Domain
    11-22-04 #5

Default Alarm brands

In my search for car alarms i've i've found many different brands. I realize that DEI is one big name alarm as well as Crimestopper and Clifford. Most of the LCD pager alarms i've seen on ebay are not found in those brands however. Is mannix an alarm name anyones heard of? There's a good price for one on ebay w/ the lcd pagers.

6. Ryan from Ohio

Master of My Domain
    11-22-04 #6

My friend bought one with an LCD pager. The install was $180, the alarm was $150...

Buy a good alarm! Your system and cars safety is worth it!
    -Ryan

7. audiobass10

Master of My Domain
    11-22-04 #7

Did your friend buy a viper alarm w/ lcd pager? That's fairly cheap if he did

8. Ryan from Ohio

Master of My Domain
    11-22-04 #8

No its some no namer.

The black brain box has no name on it. Neither does the remote...

It starts the car and everything fine. Im not sure what range he has with the pager...

The Compustar alarms are the cats ass. The ultra high end one is a bit pricey. The next lower is reasonable.
    -Ryan

9. audiobass10

Master of My Domain
    11-22-04 #9

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...733565033&rd=1

What do you think of this one on ebay. Looks like a great alarm plus the price is very nice. I'm sure i could install it myself with some research..Ive been on a car security forum and for the most part they say its simple to install.

10. audiobass10

Master of My Domain
    11-22-04 #10

One more thing..can everyone post what alarm they have in their vehicle right now and whether or not they installed it theirselves. It would help to list the brand and model number if you can..

Page 1 of 2 12