Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tablet as a radio

I have a 1988 Chevy dually. I am custom making the interior. As I was designing the dash. I staring thinking of the radio. I bought a android touchscreen 8.8 head unit. And it wasn't everything I wanted (especially for the money). I'm not an expert on audio stuff. So here's the question. How do you make a android tablet into a stereo? What wires and hook ups do I need? Does it have to be a specific kind of tablet?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Tablet as a radio

Quote Originally Posted by coolseanj View Post
    I have a 1988 Chevy dually. I am custom making the interior. As I was designing the dash. I staring thinking of the radio. I bought a android touchscreen 8.8 head unit. And it wasn't everything I wanted (especially for the money). I'm not an expert on audio stuff. So here's the question. How do you make a android tablet into a stereo? What wires and hook ups do I need? Does it have to be a specific kind of tablet?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I haven't done this with a tablet before, but I'm currently working on a project for my older Camaro.
    Adding a touchscreen running off a raspberry PI.

The software I'm using is OpenAuto Pro. It's an OS that supports Android Auto.
    I'm using it mostly for the AA support, but I'm hoping as the software is developed more features are added to it.

It does have screen mirror of your phone, so you could use that if you truly want a Android Experience in the car.

Here is my build for the Camaro.
    https://drivn.com/post/79522/updatin...and-7-inch-lcd

Shitters full! Chris from Washington's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Re: Tablet as a radio