Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

18172 Views Results 21 to 30 of 46

1. audiobass10

Master of My Domain
    08-31-09 #21

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Well, I dunno, I've been reading on the subject and it looks like there are many different calibers of HDMI cables. Anything half decent rated for 1080"p" is more expensive than those rated for 1080"i" and anything high speed is also pricey. At about $80+ per 6ft. cable.
    Hah, i'm no expert in the Home Audio/Video world by any means, but i'd say anyone willing to spend $300 on some HDMI cables has more damn money than sense. If it was me i'd just grab a cheap pair off ebay since that'd work great for me,although i wont be able to brag to my friends how my HDMI cables cost a third of what my TV cost.

There's always gunna be those snobby, dorky, audio/video enthusiasts that tell you to spend a ton on cables. I just don't buy into all that personally. To each his own i suppose though!

2. colemanyoungerinalaska

08-31-09 #22

i use dvi cables with hdmi adapters on them mainly because i have about 1000 dvi cables. they cost me around 6 dollars a piece for the adapters the cables came on a pallet of computers i got from a state auction

3. falkenbd

Master of My Domain
    08-31-09 #23

my opinion, someone who tells you that you need to buy expensive cables, is telling you that because they got duped into doing it, and need to feel better about wasting all that money by justifying it.

A monoprice HDMI calbe is just as good as any you'll find. If there is no signal loss, or interference added, how can you get better than that?

Keeping in mind the previous sentence:
    Think logically people, what makes one cable better than the next???? Its electrons...

4. NorthQuad

Platinum Plus
    08-31-09 #24

So, same goes with rca cables and everything?

Just buy inexpensive because it's pretty much the same?
    dave.

5. falkenbd

Master of My Domain
    08-31-09 #25

If, there is NO loss in signal, and the shielding doesn't allow outside interference to enter the cable.

I don't say buy the cheapest thing, it might not have shielding (it doesn't always matter)

Also, I like gold plating, it protects against corrosion meaning your connection will stay good for longer. This doesn't mean you need golf by any means.

Personally, I make all my RCA cables. I use signal wire with a 100% foil shield, and 2 conductors plus a drain wire (connected to shield throughout the cable)

I combine that with good RCA ends that have a nice tight hold onto the amp/tv/reciever etc, plus I can make them look nice, using nylon sleeving, and heat shrink tubing.

6. NorthQuad

Platinum Plus
    08-31-09 #26

Ok, well, I looked online to try to find some fair priced HDMI cables from the stores that are here in town. They're all priced above thirty or so per cable, so I'm not even going to bother asking if they're worth it, haha.

I see Newegg has some 6ft. gold plated cables for under ten bucks each. So, if I can't find any half decent cables around here for ten bucks each or so, I'll order online and save money.

Thanks dudes.
    dave.

7. NorthQuad

Platinum Plus
    08-31-09 #27

These cables from monoprice look awesome actually. I should order a few extra and sell them cheap up here, haha.
    dave.

8. audiobass10

Master of My Domain
    08-31-09 #28

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    These cables from monoprice look awesome actually. I should order a few extra and sell them cheap up here, haha.
    I'd buy online bro. You can usually find some decent cables for a third of the price they would be in stores.

As far as RCA's go, the real cheapy ones work fine, but they just aren't built all that well and don't last very long normally.

9. aaronrchr

08-31-09 #29

Those monoprice cables really are the same as any other cable you'd buy in the store as far as signal quality. They are all rated for 1080p and the ends are gold plated.

10. NorthQuad

Platinum Plus
    08-31-09 #30

I'll be buying from monoprice for sure. I just slapped some cash in the paypal account. I didn't think I'd ever use paypal again but what the hell.
    dave.