Started by diceman1000 at 02-08-09, 12:46 AM

Next Thread

For Sale Nokia N97..............250 euro

Started by mobiles213 at 05-27-09, 06:08 PM

What Members Wrote...

2. falkenbd

Master of My Domain
    02-14-09 #2

ps3 is a good blu ray player... plus you get a gaming system, and a media center.

Typically those all in one systems are not super, I'd get an affordable good receiver and speakers instead.

3. NorthQuad

Platinum Plus
    02-14-09 #3

Do ps3's have wireless capability? Actually, I guess I could just go read about them on their site.

Really though, I'm not sure if I'd ever use it as a gaming system. I'm not a gamer at all. Not even a little. I'll go read about them though. See if it would suit what I'm looking for.

But about the stereo portion. Yeah, I was thinking I could get better for less. I also thought that mabey this was a good quality buy. Wishful thinking probably.

4. Ryan from Ohio

Master of My Domain
    02-14-09 #4

I just seen a bluray player for $200 on www.frys.com

If you need a setup they also usually run the Polk R50's in Cherry finish for $59! They are pretty damned good also- for $59!
    -Ryan
    [SIZE=3]www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net![/SIZE]

5. k0rnyfr33k

02-14-09 #5

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Do ps3's have wireless capability? Actually, I guess I could just go read about them on their site.
    Really though, I'm not sure if I'd ever use it as a gaming system. I'm not a gamer at all. Not even a little. I'll go read about them though. See if it would suit what I'm looking for.
    But about the stereo portion. Yeah, I was thinking I could get better for less. I also thought that mabey this was a good quality buy. Wishful thinking probably.
    I'm sorry i disagree with him, the ps3 is a mediocre Blu-ray player compared to a standalone player. If your will never use it for gaming or use it only a couple of times dont bother.... Yes the ps3 has a pretty good BLU-RAY picture, Getting the sound to be in HD is a pain. Not really hard persay just a pain. The biggest flaw with the ps3 being a standalone player is it doesn't upscale regular DVDs. May i suggest the Pioneer BDP-51FD it the same price as the Ps3 399... You asked if the ps3 was wireless? What do you mean by that? will it stream media? Not sure really... But I have seen first hand what a ps3 looks like and all... its good on blu-ray yes...but regular DVDs no.... The Pioneer BDP-51FD streams photos,music, and video. IMHO its the best blu-ray player for right now under 500 bucks... But if you want more info just look at some reviews online...

Well i did some research on this... and it does upconvert...because of new firmware...from when i experiacned it , it didnt...so.... i guess the ps3 is a decnt stand alone after all...
    Last edited by k0rnyfr33k; 02-15-09 at 01:10 AM.

6. GlassWolf

02-15-09 #6

do your research. the PS3 is actually one of the best bluray players around, but I couldn't justify buying a gaming console just to watch movies. That, and it's a Sony which ruled it out for me right there. I went with the best ranked bluray stand alone player out, which is the Panasonic DMP-BD55K. It sells for about $399 retail.
    There is a huge difference in video output quality and features between different BluRay (BD) players, so make sure the one you choose is really what you want.
    cat
    GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
    moderator-administrator

7. falkenbd

Master of My Domain
    02-15-09 #7

PS3 is one of best Blu-ray players, and it does upscade DVDs... they upgraded the software.

even if it didn't upconvert, your hi def TV will upconvert any signal

8. falkenbd

Master of My Domain
    02-15-09 #8

oh, and PS3 has wireless, built in media center (use with Tversity on your PC) which I use a lot.

a web browser so you can stream videos thru places like hulu...

9. k0rnyfr33k

02-15-09 #9

I modified my post before you even posted... and if you even read my post i didn't say anything bad about the ps3 blu-ray capabilities.... I was simply going based on experience... and did do my research... Just be aware that with the new 2.0 spec coming out. it requires the players to be networked. The biggest issue with the ps3 is the lack of an IR receiver, So you can't get it to work with universal remotes.

10. k0rnyfr33k

02-15-09 #10

ohh one last thought with your blu-ray home theater you were looking at, you rarely get best of both world with stuff like that.... I didnt look at it or know anything about that particular one

Page 1 of 5 1234 ...