Page 2 of 4 1234

17868 Views Results 11 to 20 of 40

1. NorthQuad

Platinum Plus
    12-15-09 #11

Quote Originally Posted by MobileAudio219 View Post
    Live and learn, and then get luv's.
    haha.

I enjoy my 1080p Panasonic 42" Plasma. If I had a bright room with lots of windows, I'd be going LCD.
    dave.

2. evain

12-15-09 #12

Ok. Here are what I can suggest to you.
    Samsung LN46A630 46" LCD TV 120Hz (Refurbished) - $929.95
    Vizio SV470XVT 47" LCD TV 120Hz (Brand New) - $1,099.98 (1 in-stock remaining)
    Samsung is the best LCD TV between the two with an expert rating of 85 while Vizio has a lower one with 73 which is good enough.
    Hope this helps.

3. CaptainPioneer

Master of My Domain
    12-16-09 #13

I will be getting a 32" TV for my room... I have no need for a large tv as I already have those area's covered... I have a 720p 56" DLP rear projection tv... and the picture is phenomenal... however I do sit at least 15 feet away from it...

Thanks for the explaination...
    COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura

4. GlassWolf

12-16-09 #14

Philips makes some nice LCDs. A girl I know has their 47" and it was nice.
    Anything 37" and smaller I consider a computer monitor, not a tV. hehe

Blu-Ray and even Satellite in HD is all 1080p now, so why pay for that resolution and only get half of it? Anyway here is an argument mostly against 1080p if it helps you with the decision to go 720p
    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/29221
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6661274-1.html

Personally I like being able to run a console at full res, or a BD disc, and I watch a lot of HD DirecTV. I also use my 65" as a computer display @ 1920x1080, which can't be done on 720p. The resolution isn't as high (my computer monitor is 1920x1200 as well)

This is the recommended viewing distance based on screen size, for THX:
    http://www.thx.com/products/home/hdtv_buy_tips.html
    http://www.thx.com/home/setup/display.html

for what it's worth, I use a 65" @ 10' with 7.2 audio

also, Vizio makes some good sets as well, mostly LG screens if I recall. The Panasonics have received Cnet editors' choice awards for at least two years in a row now, and were rated as the best plasma display (G10 and V10 series) next to the now defunct Pioneer Kuros which sell for twice the cost and are considered the reference standard for image quality in ISF calibrated plasma televisions.
    cat
    GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
    moderator-administrator

5. neumann

12-16-09 #15

i have a few tv's between home and my apartment. 50" lg plasma, 50" hp plasma, 46" samsung lcd, 42" phillips lcd, 32" toshiba lcd, 26" sharp lcd. Don't watch much movies, but 1080p on the samsung looks nice. All receive an hd signal and i can't really tell that much of a difference. If I had to rank them i'd have to put the plasmas in front(I think the picture on them just look more clear and shinny, compared to more foggy with the lcds), so, hp, lg, samsung, sharp, toshiba, phillips. you'll probably be happy with whatever you buy.

6. GlassWolf

12-16-09 #16

word of advice if I didn't say this already.
    Don't judge a set based on showroom looks. They are meaningless. Even at home, fresh out of the box, the set won't look that great.
    Showroom sets are in horrid lighting conditions, and set to attract people who don't know any better, which is 99% of the buyers in teh store. The color settings and contrast are attrocious, using tricks like a lot of red bloom/push to make skin tones overly warm.
    Look at professional reviews like Cnet or ZDnet for informed information, and check forums like AVS and AVforum for owner threads discussing the merits of each set you've narrowed your list to.

Ideally you want to get the TV set up at home, run something like the Dnice burn-in slide set to get the HDTV's phosphors settled in for about 100-120 hours, then have a professional (ISF) technician come to the home, and calibrate the settings on the TV for correct (or as close as you can get) image quality.
    The difference will be night and day.
    cat
    moderator-administrator

7. NorthQuad

Platinum Plus
    12-16-09 #17

Yeah, straight out of the box, the color on the screen of my plasma was a blue tinge. I was like... "calm down.. calm down.. it just needs to be adjusted a smidgin'.. keep cool." And it was.

I think I have it set on THX mode and adjusted one setting a tiny bit. The skin tones on HD shows and blu-ray movies are so close to realistic and have such depth that I almost want to slap my naughty parts up against the screen. But I've learned from my mistakes.
    dave.

8. Bwcad1

Master of My Domain
    12-16-09 #18

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Yeah, straight out of the box, the color on the screen of my plasma was a blue tinge. I was like... "calm down.. calm down.. it just needs to be adjusted a smidgin'.. keep cool." And it was.
    I think I have it set on THX mode and adjusted one setting a tiny bit. The skin tones on HD shows and blu-ray movies are so close to realistic and have such depth that I almost want to slap my naughty parts up against the screen. But I've learned from my mistakes.

i have been known to cock slap a tv on occasion. Doesnt usually end well for me.
    [IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/bwcad1/testsig2-1.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=56812] [IMG]http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/memberalbum/56812a0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. GlassWolf

12-16-09 #19

I tried that once.. made all my hair down there stand on end..

it was funny till she lost an eye.
    cat
    moderator-administrator

10. audiocr381ve

12-16-09 #20

Default .

Great information. Love you guys!

One problem, Target has to sell the TV. My Fiance and I have to register for it there. I'm gonna browse through the site and check again to see what they have.

EDIT: I should be clearer. I'm getting married in January so we are putting the TV on our wedding registry.
    Last edited by audiocr381ve; 12-16-09 at 07:45 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1234