User Tag List

Thank You Thank You:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Page 2 of 4 1234

11267 Views Results 11 to 20 of 39

1. MobileAudio219

Master of My Domain
    04-09-09 #11

I haven't had a chance to work on the stang yet, I did get it pushed into the cousins "garage" though.

I'm hoping to work on it an hour or two tomorrow, I need to get the interior pulled out. Saturday is pretty much going to be the only sunny day for the next week, so I'm hoping to scrub/power the seats and carpet. Then take some warm water and wash down all the plastic pieces.

Unlike 99% of other mustang fans, I actually like the red interior, so it's going to stay.

The interior isnt ripped up, with a bit of scrubbing it should clean up real nice.

Of the seats and door panel upholstery has the typical fading, but with a good cleaning it'll still look pretty nice. Once the car is painted and running I'm going to order a new carpet and seat upholstery kit, which should make the interior mint.

Good news is, my cousin is looking at a house with a nice size garage. I find out tomorrow if he gets it. If he does, I'm giving him 25 dollars a week for a good size work area, so not only will I have a place to work on my car, I'll have enough space to store parts and build boxes and stuff.

If he doesnt get it, the car is going out to my uncles shop after its all cleaned up and the interior is back together. It's just not as fun building a car without a group of friends pulling all nighters, drinking a few beers, and listening to some music. My uncle is not really the type of guy who appreciates those types of things.

Hoping to have progess pictures tomorrow.

2. MobileAudio219

Master of My Domain
    04-10-09 #12

Well, cousin called me today and said he got the house, which means I get the garage (or half of it rather.) Hopefully after we get in the new garage progess will be alot faster.

I spend about a 30 mins working on the car today, front and rear seats, kick panels, sill panels, ect. I'm going to pull the console and carpet today. Hoping to get all the scrubbing/power washing done in the morning, its actually suppose to be sunny tomorrow so it'll dry pretty fast. So I'm going to hoping to have the interior back together by sunday evening.

After that I'm going to work on cleaning the engine bay and underbody.

I'll have pictures up tonight!

3. MobileAudio219

Master of My Domain
    04-11-09 #13

Went over yesterday evening and took a couple pictures. I had a bunch of stuff I had to do today, so I didn't finish pulling the rest of the interior out. It's suppose to be nice tuesday and wednesday so I'm going to plan to do it then. I cant wait to get the car moved out to the new shop!

A few progress pictures:

33131070005 large

33131070006 large

33131070007 large

4. MobileAudio219

Master of My Domain
    04-15-09 #14

Finally had a chance to work on it for a little bit today, got most of the interior pulled. The floor pans look solid, so that saves some work.

Some plans might of changed, I think I'm going with a 351w based motor... I'm still deciding if I want to go mild or wild...

Pictures tomorrow sometime.

5. NorthQuad

Platinum Plus
    04-15-09 #15

Again... so many memories coming back.

Can hardly wait to see how she's going to turn out.

6. MobileAudio219

Master of My Domain
    04-15-09 #16

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Again... so many memories coming back.
    Can hardly wait to see how she's going to turn out.
    The car is actually really solid. I was worried about protential rust issues, but other than a little spot on the hatch the car is rust free. I was worried about the drivers side 1/4 panel, but I got out the trusty magnet, if there is any bondo in there, its very light.

I'm thinking about order a new carpet and upholstery kit, I'll just have to see how these clean up tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be good enough for a while so I can focus on the paint and drivetrain.

7. MobileAudio219

Master of My Domain
    04-16-09 #17

Took the interior up and power washed it, it came out pretty good. I use a wet/dry shop vac and vaccum everything while its still pretty damp, it pulls up any little stains up much better this way.

I'm hoping to have the interior back together this evening, but we'll see if its completely dry by then...

Pictures tonight either way..

8. MobileAudio219

Master of My Domain
    04-16-09 #18

The seats where still wet so I couldn't put the back in (you can see the real wet spots in the pictures.) I did get the other stuff reinstalled though. Everything came out pretty decent. I still need to hit a couple spots with a scrub brush and some carpet cleaner, but overall I'm pretty happy with it... for now... I still want to order a new carpet and seat upholstery kit after the rest of the car is done.

33131070008 large

33131070009 large

33131070010 large

33131070011 large

33131070012 large

Once the interior is finished I'm going to start on the body work... I'm hoping to have it painted by July...

9. cargodz

Master of My Domain
    04-17-09 #19

Quote Originally Posted by MobileAudio219 View Post
    Some plans might of changed, I think I'm going with a 351w based motor... I'm still deciding if I want to go mild or wild...
    Pictures tomorrow sometime.
    Well if you're looking for a nice street/ strip performer the 351 would definitely be the way to go... and since it's a swap and I know you're gonna do some tear down and rebuild before the swap (as you seem to always do )... I'd say you might as well go aggressive with it
    -Michael
    [URL="http://www.teamcargodzinc.com"]http://www.teamcargodzinc.com[/URL] :thumbsup
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It![/FONT][/SIZE]
    And Proud Sponsor of
    [URL="http://www.teamwolfpackaudio.com"][B][I]Team Wolf Pack Audio[/I][/B][/URL]
    Authorized Dealer

10. MobileAudio219

Master of My Domain
    04-17-09 #20

Thats what my cousin said.

If I go with a 351w based motor it'll be carbed, which will cut down on ALOT of the wiring.

If I run the 5.0, the motor will be fairly simple, but should push somewhere between 280-300hp. It'll also be fuel injected and be alot more street friendly.

Once the interior is done I'm going to start on the body. Heres what I have planned for the exterior.

3" cowl hood
    Need headlights
    Clear Turns
    85 GT taillights
    5 lug conversion
    Bullet rims
    GT spoiler
    Tinted windows

Page 2 of 4 1234