Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Page 3 of 4 1234

92144 Views Results 21 to 30 of 40

1. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    03-12-12 #21

Mr. LED is at it again!
    My latest retro was the instrument cluster on the Camaro. From the factory it only has 4 bulbs that light up the whole cluster, so it was very dim. So dim, you couldn't even read the odometer at night.

So with this retro, I went with using LED strips and placed them where it would give me the best light for each gauge.

LED strips

and here are the before and after pictures.
    Before: cluster old
    After: LEDgauges 2

I'm very pleased with how this turned out, I have a little tweaking still to do. The oil pressure gauge has a little bit of a hotspot, I might need to move a strip around some.

I would also like the get the needles to light up more, so I'll need to add a few more LEDs around that area too.

but being able to actually see the numbers is cool!

2. Purple RS

03-12-12 #22

I like. I don't remember mine ever being that dim on my 92, but the LED strips make a huge difference. Gives me an idea for the 89, though different application - maybe some side-firing strips attached to the inside of the metal bezel (gauges are front lit by reflection off the bezel).

3. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    03-12-12 #23

Quote Originally Posted by Purple RS View Post
    I like. I don't remember mine ever being that dim on my 92, but the LED strips make a huge difference. Gives me an idea for the 89, though different application - maybe some side-firing strips attached to the inside of the metal bezel (gauges are front lit by reflection off the bezel).
    ya since those gauges are not back lit, some side emitting LEDs would look good in there. I got my strips from SuperbrightLEDs and they do have the side firing strips too.

4. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    06-05-13 #24

Update: 6/5/13

Been working on the audio over the last few months, finally got the subs installed.
    Built a fiberglass box to fit the well, had to go a bit higher than I wanted to allow clearance for the motors of the subs. So I made a cover that blends the floor and the box together.

2 Image Dynamics IDQ12v3s powered by an MMATS 1400.1

84 Camaro Restoration

84 Camaro Restoration

Attached Images

Last edited by Chris from Washington; 01-28-15 at 02:49 PM.

5. MobileAudio219

Master of My Domain
    06-14-13 #25

I like the 3rd gens WHEN they are done up right... Like the foxes, most of them are all ragged up by now.
    1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
    JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
    Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
    [URL="www.projectcarforum.com"]www.projectcarforum.com[/URL]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    06-14-13 #26

Quote Originally Posted by MobileAudio219 View Post
    I like the 3rd gens WHEN they are done up right... Like the foxes, most of them are all ragged up by now.
    Ya F-Body's and Foxes sure do seem to get the wrong owners in so many cases, and they just get destroyed.
    But I guess the good thing, that means ours become more valuable.

I sure have noticed, I don't see as many 3rd gens on the road anymore. Actually vary rarely now.

7. mbober99

06-08-14 #27

Default Re: 84 Camaro Restoration

[QUOTE=Chris from Washington;140067]Update: 6/5/13

Been working on the audio over the last few months, finally got the subs installed.
    Built a fiberglass box to fit the well, had to go a bit higher than I wanted to allow clearance for the motors of the subs. So I made a cover that blends the floor and the box together.

Very nice car Chris! Love the front ends on that generation camaro. Very nice IDQ setup in the back too, i wanted to use the same subs but i let someone talk me into two 15" Type R subs. Its turning into alot of work to get them to fit so its a slow project...lol. What else you using for audio in there?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

8. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    06-08-14 #28

[QUOTE=mbober99;140655]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Update: 6/5/13

Very nice car Chris! Love the front ends on that generation camaro. Very nice IDQ setup in the back too, i wanted to use the same subs but i let someone talk me into two 15" Type R subs. Its turning into alot of work to get them to fit so its a slow project...lol. What else you using for audio in there?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I just got done building new kickpods, here is a thread on that here.
    and installed a PPI 600.2 to run them.

Next year, I'm going to convert the 1.5 DIN stereo opening to double din, and install a touch screen type unit in there. That's going to be tough, but I've seen others do it. So I know it can be done.

9. latoya0511

07-19-14 #29

I love that color. I think your restoration turned out great. What else are you going to do to it?

10. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    07-19-14 #30

Quote Originally Posted by latoya0511 View Post
    I love that color. I think your restoration turned out great. What else are you going to do to it?
    My next project, most likely next Spring will be converting the single din size stereo opening to a double din size.
    Then next will be finishing the interior, getting the seats done in leather, then wheels stuff like that.

Page 3 of 4 1234