Default Re: 2016 Passat

Where are the pics!

4. JeremyC

Platinum Plus
    2 Weeks Ago #4

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Washington View Post
    Where are the pics!
    The server won't let me upload any pictures. It says I'm over my quota.

5. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    2 Weeks Ago #5

hmm, OK. Let me look into that.
    Didn't think there were any quotas

6. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    2 Weeks Ago #6

Try it now

7. JeremyC

Platinum Plus
    2 Weeks Ago #7

Trunk dampening

8. JeremyC

Platinum Plus
    2 Weeks Ago #8

Passenger door

9. JeremyC

Platinum Plus
    2 Weeks Ago #9

Truth, I wasnít thinking about taking pictures. I was just hustling to get the dampening done, so I could hand it over to a shop.

I installed Kno Knoise - Kolossus Edition at 50% coverage on the roof, doors, trunk and rear shelf. Covered that with 1/8 inch foam where needed and then put a layer of 1/8 MLV.
    The pictures show some of my work.

And thatís where I said, ďIíve had enoughĒ and got on the schedule with Chris at Mobile Toys.

Chris and his guys are going to dampen the floor, route all the wires, and take care of the install.

I still have my elate 3 way set from the accord, and the 4 genesis dual monos. The morel 6.5 will be in the front door, and mid will be in the A pillar with the tweeter in the sail panel. The amps will be in the spare tire well as they were in my previous install.

For a sub Iím doing an Acoustic Elegance SBP15, with the Apollo upgrade in an infinite baffle.

Processing will be handled by a Helix DSP8 with usb input, and low level input from the input side of the factory amp.
    Electrical connections will be KnuKoneptz, with my JL RCAs being recycled from the accord.

I know it doesnít sound like it, but this was a budgeted install. I went best bang for my buck on everything, priced shopped, and asked for discounts for ordering bulk. It is possible to do a competition ready SQ build for WAY less that a lot of the manufacturers would want you to believe.

10. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    2 Weeks Ago #10

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyC View Post
    Truth, I wasnít thinking about taking pictures. I was just hustling to get the dampening done, so I could hand it over to a shop.
    I installed Kno Knoise - Kolossus Edition at 50% coverage on the roof, doors, trunk and rear shelf. Covered that with 1/8 inch foam where needed and then put a layer of 1/8 MLV.
    The pictures show some of my work.
    And thatís where I said, ďIíve had enoughĒ and got on the schedule with Chris at Mobile Toys.
    Chris and his guys are going to dampen the floor, route all the wires, and take care of the install.
    I still have my elate 3 way set from the accord, and the 4 genesis dual monos. The morel 6.5 will be in the front door, and mid will be in the A pillar with the tweeter in the sail panel. The amps will be in the spare tire well as they were in my previous install.
    For a sub Iím doing an Acoustic Elegance SBP15, with the Apollo upgrade in an infinite baffle.
    Processing will be handled by a Helix DSP8 with usb input, and low level input from the input side of the factory amp.
    Electrical connections will be KnuKoneptz, with my JL RCAs being recycled from the accord.
    I know it doesnít sound like it, but this was a budgeted install. I went best bang for my buck on everything, priced shopped, and asked for discounts for ordering bulk. It is possible to do a competition ready SQ build for WAY less that a lot of the manufacturers would want you to believe.
    Wow ya, doesn't sound like a budget build lol. Better than anything I've ever had!
    That door shield deadener you installed. How much is something like that? The Camaro being a typical 90s GM product, the doors just rattle like crazy. Wondering if something like that will help stop it.

Page 1 of 2 12