Online Car Parts Store?

Started by audiocr381ve at 12-05-09, 02:27 PM

What Members Wrote...

2. Ryan from Ohio

Master of My Domain
    11-07-09 #2

Not your problem?

-Ryan
    [SIZE=3]www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net![/SIZE]

3. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    11-07-09 #3

When you write the bill of sale, just say as is no warranty etc. and have the buyer sign it.

4. OnYrMrk

11-07-09 #4

If you suspect it will fail after the sale, then for ethics sake, inform the potential buyer of potential problems. If he underbids you, he may have the price of repair in his mind.

if you know it will fail, then this is an absolute must. Otherwise you are not being very fair to your buyer.

if transaction has already occurred, and then it failed, it is on the buyer. It is his fault for not having a mechanic look at the car prior to buying.
    IASCA Certified SQ Judge
    USACi Certified SQ Judge
    MECA Certified SQ Judge
    2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
    Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
    CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
    www.cvdaudio.com

5. Tim

Master of My Domain
    11-09-09 #5

Quote Originally Posted by OnYrMrk View Post
    If you suspect it will fail after the sale, then for ethics sake, inform the potential buyer of potential problems. If he underbids you, he may have the price of repair in his mind.
    if you know it will fail, then this is an absolute must. Otherwise you are not being very fair to your buyer.
    if transaction has already occurred, and then it failed, it is on the buyer. It is his fault for not having a mechanic look at the car prior to buying.

X2 on entire post.

Tim

6. swimmerdude

Platinum Plus
    11-09-09 #6

Quote Originally Posted by OnYrMrk View Post
    x3 on all of that.

after he leaves your driveway there is no legal action he can take against you. just for good practice, write up a bill of sale and state the vehicle is sold as is, no warranty.

7. annhall5

05-04-10 #7

Make sure you say on the bill of sale sold as is with the mileage when sold and that you accept no responsibility in repairs after the date you sell it
    Last edited by Chris from Washington; 07-29-14 at 03:03 PM.

8. wulfman

07-29-14 #8

Default Re: I have a question about selling my car? What if it breaks after I sell it?

depends on the terms. you can either state you are not responsible when you sell it or will give a refund before x amount of days. probably hand write a contract or something.

9. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    07-29-14 #9

Default Re: I have a question about selling my car? What if it breaks after I sell it?

This thread is over 5 years old, please don't bump unless there is something new to add.

Thanks!