Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

SQ Components

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: SQ Components

by falkenbd » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:31 pm

Tim wrote:Boston Accoustics also make nice comps.
Tim
The PRO 60s are nice, but retail is 500 or 600 on them.

by The Bode » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Ugh....way too many choices lol.

by cargodz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:43 pm

There's actually tons of nice sets out there and the best advice you've already been given... go out and listen to a few of them and see what fit's your taste best. It might be sharp or soft highs, low and mild or punchy mids... Then you can take it from there on narrowing down the selection :)

by Tim » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Boston Accoustics also make nice comps.


Tim

by The Bode » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:08 pm

Haha that's only like a 3 hour drive.......I'll be there in 20 minutes :D

by JeremyC » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Almagorda (holloman afb)

by The Bode » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:26 am

JeremyC wrote:To bad you can't wait about 2 months. I'm moving to new mexico and would be able to help you out if your in my area.
Seriously? Where in NM? If you're serious about helping me then I can wait for you move out here lol!

by JeremyC » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:25 am

To bad you can't wait about 2 months. I'm moving to new mexico and would be able to help you out if your in my area.

by The Bode » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:21 am

Ok I'll do that. there is one good shop in Albuquerque.....but i'm going to Indiana this summer and I go florida a lot, so maybe I'll try to find some shops there to go to

Anyone know of any near Evansville IN or Melbourne FL?

by falkenbd » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:51 am

The Bode wrote:I'd say yes cause I've never messed with crossovers and haven't ever had a pair of comps before.
Yeah and i was wondering about the AQs....

Now the problem i have, along with many people, is that I have no way to listen to any of these except the Focals.....I listen to mostly latin, jazz, bands like The Postal Service.

I'm a drummer, so i love hearing being able to hear the Hi hats, bass, especially toms (they get drowned out easily...)
I'd say make sure you can see the tweeters so they don't get blocked. (or at least see the grill that covers them if they are in the dash or something)

Look around for shops near you or in cities you sometimes go to - listen to a few different sets if you can.

Top