by lotas » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:44 am
muddybear wrote:I've been running the GTi's for a couple of months now and I really like them, but I don't love them. They get pretty much as loud as I would want, but the SQ is not quite what I want. Its almost like they are too accurate. the tweeters were really strong at first too. I had them mounted at the top of the door in the stock location. but the adjustable crossover helped. I dropped the tweets to -2dB. that made them quite a bit smoother.
my main question is what options do I have to upgrade to, while staying with components?
I was thinking about the JL XR's but wasn't sure if they would be as loud or worth changing too. Or maybe a set of the ID components.
also I have dynomatted my doors completely already. (which also helped)
right now they run off of a pioneer 8600 and JL 300/4.
There are soooo many speaker choices out there, so make sure to take your time while researching/choosing, and try to listen to as many brands as you can. I haven't heard the XR's but from what I hear they are a good set. I don't know what your price range is but here are a couple brands to get you started: Cdt, Arc, DLS, MB Quart, Focal, Rainbow.
[quote="muddybear"]I've been running the GTi's for a couple of months now and I really like them, but I don't love them. They get pretty much as loud as I would want, but the SQ is not quite what I want. Its almost like they are too accurate. the tweeters were really strong at first too. I had them mounted at the top of the door in the stock location. but the adjustable crossover helped. I dropped the tweets to -2dB. that made them quite a bit smoother.
my main question is what options do I have to upgrade to, while staying with components?
I was thinking about the JL XR's but wasn't sure if they would be as loud or worth changing too. Or maybe a set of the ID components.
also I have dynomatted my doors completely already. (which also helped)
right now they run off of a pioneer 8600 and JL 300/4.[/quote]
There are soooo many speaker choices out there, so make sure to take your time while researching/choosing, and try to listen to as many brands as you can. I haven't heard the XR's but from what I hear they are a good set. I don't know what your price range is but here are a couple brands to get you started: Cdt, Arc, DLS, MB Quart, Focal, Rainbow.