Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

What did you start with?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: What did you start with?

by High Society » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:32 pm

HU:Blaupunkt
Speakers:Stock 3.5's, stock 6x9's
Subs: Four 10" home audio subwoofers
Amp: The powerful 168 watt head unit :excited:

I some how thought this sounded good, until I upgraded to MA audio and a 400 watt Baja amp :bow

I hate to think about those days, but there good laughs :words

by ridr4lif » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:09 am

Hmmmm...
1975 BMW
Head Unit: Sony P.O.S
Speakers: Kenwood 6x9's in rear deck (the only coax's in the car)
Subs: 2 10" Audiobahn Alum's (sealed)
Amp: Some 300 watt audiobahn

1988 Saab 900 Turbo
Head Unit: Pioneer 6300
Speakers: Bone Stock
Subs: At first, 2 10" Rockford fosgate Punch hx2's...then 2 10" Kicker L7's (both set ups sealed)
Amp: My current Audiobahn...840x1 at 4 ohms

1992 GMC Jimmy (Current install)
Head Unit: Pioneer 6500
Speakers: Fronts- Infinity Reference 4x6 Rears-Stock 6x9's
Sub: 10" Kicker L7 in a ported box
Amp: Audiobahn 420x1 at 8 ohm

THe bimmer now has a pioneer 6600 headunit w/ pioneer rear 6x9's. Just somethin to get music in the car. Im trying to keep the car as light as possible.

TEDD

by daykareboards » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:44 am

HU-Clarion something
Speakers-Sony 6x9's and some Jensens 61/2
Amp- Profile Baja series 400watt
Sub- Lightning Audio Bolt series 12"
Box-Made from fiberboard.

Wow, come to think of it, i kinda liked that old profile amp... i wonder if i still have it anywhere. Yeah the amps are cheap but they dont seem to be of to bad build quality.

by JeremyC » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:20 am

1982 pontiac J 2000 (first car)

Kenwood tape deck
2 impact 12s in a sealed box
160 watt crossfire amp
polk audio 2 way 6.5s
pioneer 6/9s
Krako 60 watt amp on the polks

Before I had a car (14 years old)
sanyo boom box
2 thump pro 12s
krako amp, or a PA amp depending on if I had it in the house or in my dads van

by lotas » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:07 am

pioneer 5500mp
2 old 12" phoenix gold subs (XS series)
a premier GMx414 (?)
infinity 6x9's and honda stock 6.5"s powered by HU

rock on!

by MobileAudio219 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:11 pm

Pioneer deh-245 cd player
Infinity ref 6.5's running off head unit
2 12" kicker comp vrs (sealed)
JBL 600.1

by 71buickfreak » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:18 pm

83 toyota Tercel. had the system in it before the car was driveable. I got the car for building a sib box for 2 15" Rockford series 1s. First box I ever built=free car sweet!
second box I ever built was the box for 2 Pioneer IMPP 10" subs that I put in the car!
Pioneer tape deck-first fully-detachable face unit! sweet!
Pioneer 12 disc changer
Pioneer 4" in the dash
Pioneer 3-way 6x9s in boxes in the back
2 Pioneer IMPP 10" free-airs which I put in about a 5 cube box-it actually pounded pretty good!
Jensen 100x2 Yeah baby!
Pioneer 7-band graphic eq with 3 band parametric! and 100booster! woohoo!
Codealarm alarm system.
all this -mucho poundo

by Chris from Washington » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:12 pm

hmm,
My very first 'system' that would have been around 91 or so.

The headunit was a Pioneer pullout cassette. Can't remember the model number but it was a premier.

Some Pioneer 6x9's in the back, and Yamaha 4x6's up front.

My first amp was a Pioneer GMH-200 (still have it out in the box out in the shed. Almost a collectors item now).

And a Pioneer 12.

by Fishy » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:06 pm

High School

1980 AMC Eagle 4dr sedan
Ancient Alpine tape deck - analog tuner, no dolby, 1 set of preouts(din), no separate bass/treble(tone control)
Alphasonik 40x2 amp(later two Yamahas 50x2)
JBL T420 - 6 1/2 coax in doors
JBL T540 - 6x9 coax in rear deck

First "real" system

'88 Jeep Cherokee Chief
Alpine CD h/u(forget model)
PPI 4200m(later Soundstream Class A 100II)
Punch 150(later PPI Pro MOS 2050)
Audio Control 2XS
A/D/S 320i's doors
A/D/S 200i plates rear fill
Pair of JL Audio 10W5d8's 1.75 ft^3 a side @ 32 Hz

-Fishy

by William from NOLA » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Man...

When I was 12 years old,
I bought a Sony CDX-4000X cd player to power a pair of Cambridge Soundworks 5&1/4" mains in my dad's 1984 Dodge Ram 100.

When I had aquired my first (and only) vehicle,
I had my Sony CDX-4000X with the stock speakers in my van. I eventually got the idea of mounting home stereo tweeters with crossovers to the van (to go along with the stock speakers). Believe it or not, it wasn't bad, wasn't very loud, but didn't sound bad.

The first sub I ever bought was an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1d.

Top