Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Can I Connect My Ipod?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Can I Connect My Ipod?

by jonnyb » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:17 pm

of course i dont trust aftermarket speakers, but i am willing to take that chance for better performance. and if he is willing to take the chance cause he wants to save money, go for it. i personally dislike ebay too.

by Fishy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:33 pm

Its just 4 conductors with different style plugs on both ends. Even if you needed it I doubt the Pioneer has any more noise rejection capabilities than the 15 dollar jobby.

Stuff like this is exactly how companies like Pioneer make their money. The thing probably cost less than a dollar to manufacture, but if you're worried about it, 15 bucks extra ain't much to pay for peace of mind.

-Fishy

by xloudcivicx » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:18 pm

the seller has 99.8% positive feedback out of almost 2000 ratings. Do you also not trust aftermarket speakers because they're not made by your cars manufacturer?

by jonnyb » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:08 pm

eh, i personally wouldnt trust it. but if you are tight on money, go for it.

by xloudcivicx » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:56 pm

according to the auction listing, yes. I'm sure it works the same just without the pioneer label.

Thi unit is the generic version of the PIONEER CDRB10. It works the same way without the fancy box and higher price

This adapter allows you to connect any auxiliary source (cassette, MP3, Minidisc, etc.) with RCA outputs to your Pioneer changer-controlling receiver (with IP-Bus input). The adapter accepts a RCA patch cable from your auxiliary source and connects to the changer inputs on the Pioneer receiver. The auxiliary source must have a output voltage of 1 volt (or less), or a volume control to adjust output level.
# aux in stereo RCA inputs
# adapter connects to changer input
# aux source must have a volume control or an output voltage of 1 volt or less

by Harrison486 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:43 pm

Would something like this be an okay alternative?

by lotas » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:06 pm

I bought my cdrb10 from http://www.cardomain.com

I think it was $35 bucks shipped or something, i dont remember. But I used it on my road trip to seattle so I could listne to my portable DVD player through my speakers. go pioneer.

btw if you do use it, make sure you turn on the AUX input, so then you can use it. I dont know how you would do it, for me the HU has to be off and you hold one button and blah blah, but mine came with the AUX off, so I had to enable the feature before I could use it. just to save you some troubles and frustration thinking its not working ;) instructions should be in the manual good luck

by xloudcivicx » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:37 am

that ipod to pioneer adapter is outragously expensive. You need the additional auxiliary input and a cable from radioshack that goes to 2 rca from an aux jack. Those are about $4.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kKFIllwORd ... =130CDRB10
the aux input that you need for your radio

the cord from radioshack is something like this
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?c ... =274%2D369

only it will have actual rca male ends rather than females like that. But either way you can use it.

by William from NOLA » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:16 am

jonnyb's first "this" is what you are just talking about. Etronics has it for about $30, as well as thezeb.com, and cardomain.com.

Optional Aux input means that you have to buy the adaptor which uses the IP-Bus.

by Harrison486 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:31 am

My Head Unit is actually the Pioneer DEH-P3500 ...

Here Are The Spec

I believe it lists "optional auxillary input"

So what do I need? I have heard that Pioneers use an IP-bus and not a normal aux jack. Is this true? That would mean I need a IP-Bus to RCA converter, right?

Top