by Chris from Washington » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:57 am
I use 10-12 gauge for my speaker wires too, it's just what I've always use.
Larger speaker wire will really only make a difference in sound if you're running a lot of power. Because the larger wire will be less restrictive.
Also only use as much wire as you need from the amp to subs, don't get 30 feet and just stuff/hide the rest under the box (I've seen people do this). The more wire, the more resistance and less power going to the subs and being wasted.
I use 10-12 gauge for my speaker wires too, it's just what I've always use.
Larger speaker wire will really only make a difference in sound if you're running a lot of power. Because the larger wire will be less restrictive.
Also only use as much wire as you need from the amp to subs, don't get 30 feet and just stuff/hide the rest under the box (I've seen people do this). The more wire, the more resistance and less power going to the subs and being wasted.