Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

New Tires

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: New Tires

by Ryan from Ohio » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:16 pm

well thats in the plan, but not right now.

One place used to give alignements with the tires, but no more.

I had Wal Mart put the tires on. That deal cost me slightly under $60...

Alignments are 50-65 depending on if I want any kind of a warranty or not.

Just cant afford it for about 2-3 weeks, but getting the tires on was a necessity.

by GlassWolf » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:31 pm

did you get the car aligned too?
you really should with new tires.

by Ryan from Ohio » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:15 pm

Well what can I say about the tires that were on there before?

They were cheap for in store price, 50 each I think- the cheapest they had. 30K warranty... They were bald on the edges...lol

Im not sure for how long my car had a vibration like a bad bearing or something or off balance tire.

Basicly a cheap ass tire.

I got these yoko's installed tonight... OMG...

The car rides nice, real quiet and SMOOTH. Responsive... Im liking it already...

by GlassWolf » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:29 pm

won't matter a lot for a family car, but for sportcars, you want less rotating mass.. the heavier the rim and tire, the harder it is to stop the car at speed.
affects handling and braking both.

by Ryan from Ohio » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:52 am

They came in yesterday... whoa that was quick...

One reviewer says they are a heavy tire. Not sure what tires are supposed to weigh, but I can see/understand these to be the 25 Lbs+ as tire rack has them listed. They are heavy...

by Mercedesbends69 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:14 am

I have the Yok YK420's for my rear tires. Got them from Discount Tire for $120 a piece plus $15 for the "warranty".

by Ryan from Ohio » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:32 am

lol, true.

Just going to buy the GF a cd/mp3 player with it and a bit of cashola

by GlassWolf » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:15 am

I meant crutchfield's prices.

by Ryan from Ohio » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:47 am

Thats what I was thinking. The two fronts I got were $45 each and a little for disposal or so.

Cost me $110 for two fronts with a 30K mile warranty. Well 15K later they are JUNK.

So what the hey...

by smoker » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:20 am

55 each seems prettty damn good to me....

Top