Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

switching out my subs

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: switching out my subs

by 6three6mafia6 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:40 pm

the 12's and 15's are coming out soon , adire has been having problems producing stuff , so they just bought a plant in peru(i think)and theres an abundance of some type of metal they use(more than china)and there gona be upping there productino a LOT, ive heard of people waiting on brahmas for 2 monts, so adire is gona realease that and about 40 new drivers or some big number like that pretty soon, 2 10's of these is all youll need, and yeah go sealed, and these will be sweet cause they dont need a kilowatt or 2 , just 300 a sub, so go with like a a 500-600 watt amp, and you wont need to spend another 800$ on electrical system upgrades, i got a friend whos selling a 500/1 JL for 300$, thats one great choice if yorue interested let me know.

by Nate38 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:40 pm

Awesome, those would be perfect. I will plan on getting those after I get a couple more paychecks. Heh, living on a budget in college sucks. Anyone have experience with different boxes with those kodas? I think I will go sealed, and I may still be able to get the 12's, I would have to check the clearance in my trunk again. And would I just order them off of adire's website? Thanks for your help

by 6three6mafia6 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:57 pm

if i were you id go with some kodas, BECAUSE the kodas and SX'S are almost on the same level(step down from top of the line{before xxx,brahma}) BUT the kodas use XBL2 techonology and the sx's DONT, the brahma and xxx use XBL2 , that is why the got SO much excursion and sound so great, if the xxx and brahma didnt have the XBL2 they woundt be so famous, so the KODA is the only sub that has xbl2 at such a low price of around 200$, plus the kodas take 300 rms so you dont need to spend a lot of power on alternator, amp, etc, so 2 10's and youll stop on most pair of 12's, here it is

Image

by Nate38 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:43 am

Alright, ive got it down to either 1 12 brahma, 2 kodas, or 2 RE sx's. I could possibly go with 2 12s of the kodas or sx's. If I could go with the 12's, which of the 3 would you suggest for spl and sq?

by 6three6mafia6 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:43 pm

if i were you id go with a RE sx, OR you can got with some adire kodas, they are the same level as the w6v2(one of my favorite subs , and better, and half the price)or you can go with a single 12 brahma and it will stomp all over most pair of 10's.

by Dustin from Huntsville » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:18 pm

Go with a single 15w3v2. That'd be louder than the two 10's and the 15" has better low end extension.

reply

by Nate38 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:41 pm

Yeah Im pretty stuck on 2 10's because in my prix the clearance in the trunk isn't the best to have 12's. I have a twelve in their now and building the box was a very tight fit. I don't really feel like making my own angled box. As far as price range goes, Id say about 400 -500 for the 2 subs. Also remember that I have 600 watts to go around. I probably would like 2 subs, but that could change. I've heard the JL's and will look into some of those other brands.

by William from NOLA » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:08 am

...adding to the list: Diamond, Alpine Type-R's, Oz Audio, Memphis, CDT, Focal...

by ridr4lif » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:32 am

I dont know if it was on this forum or not...but i found a video on http://www.realmofexcursion.com of a 12" resonant engineering SE in a ported box actually flexing the guys cab on his truck...pretty impressive. Maybe look into one of those

by lotas » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:03 pm

yeah definetly look into the brands william listed, you are on the right track with those brands and your xtant amp. are you set on two 10"s? or are your options there still open? maybe give a 12" brahma 600watts vs. 2 10" jl w3v2's....just an idea.

Top