Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

sl regular truck need help srtting up a system

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: sl regular truck need help srtting up a system

by High Society » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:14 pm

lol sounded like it thought my bad...
No, no, I knew what you ment man, I was just gettin you back man :) it's all good here too man.

by Bwcad1 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:03 pm

lol im as premier happy as you are re happy ;) lol its all good man i wasnt trying to be a dick. lol sounded like it thought my bad...

by smoker » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:00 pm

Bwcad1 wrote:whats wrong with premier? they make damn good subs lol! no re reccomendation?

i have heard one of those premier shallow 12's in a ford escape and it sounded great.........

by High Society » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:00 pm

I would recommend the same setup I have if you want


Already did in my first post

I was just listing other products, I swear your premier gaa...happy :)

by Bwcad1 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:51 pm

whats wrong with premier? they make damn good subs lol! no re reccomendation?

by High Society » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:37 pm

What about Illusion audio, they make shallow mount subs too. http://www.illusionaudio.com

by Bwcad1 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:19 pm

ok i spoke with him on line he wants to be loud... hes looking at two the the premier shallow mount woofers. in the premier reccomended enclosures. these are more sq subs but for a begineer the will be plenty loud.. as for the amps im not sure what to do with him he only has about 300 dollars to spend... he's very very new to this so dont get technical with him...

by smoker » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:24 pm

last s10 i had i had a sony (forget the model number but it was way before xplod shit came out) hu and changer, 2 mb quart 6.5 in each door, shaved the map pocket off and did a slight build out to get them in there, custom fiberglass kickpanels with kicker resolution 4's and quart neo tweets, ran all that off a ppi ax400 and then had a pair of 1st gen solobarics in the bed in a 3chamber bandpass enclosure with an 8" port coming into the cab through the bed run off a ppi a600.2. also had a sony mk90 eq and an xec 1000 crossover network....the crossover was overkill but i prefer active crossovers...........

by High Society » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:50 pm

i have made a custom box that is is 48Lx14Tx81/2at bottomW and 4.5 at top i put two sony explodes in there from wal mart sith a 1000 watt lanzar vibe amp pushing it. the spwakers say that the max wattage is 1100 watts per speaker butt i later found out that the rms is only about 300 and the amp is only pushing about 250 now i want to start over becasu it sucks and need help o jensen head unit by the by help please

If you can get rid off it all. Start off with a low budget Alpine HU. They have CD players for around $200 with MP3 capability, and I think they have 3 out-puts too. I also have an S10. Single cab, mines a 91. Really no room for much. I'm running four RE8's, and a kickerkx600.1. Sounds hella good. You wouldn't believe how loud lil 8's get. If your not looking to get to loud, and maintain mostly a low budget SQ. I'd say just a single 10 would do you nice. I first started with an old 10 and it wasn't bad.

I would recommend the same setup I have if you want SQL. Check the FAQ section for the good bad ugly, and find out what brand you will want to go with, and we could help you from there.

by Justin from Detroit1 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:39 am

quit posting the same thing in 5 different sections. I closed your other threads. Collect your thoughts, post it all in one post.

Top